Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2005, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Antonio the magician is my hero, i wish i can grow up to be like him

Antonio and Shannon Elizabeth...

I dont know which is funnier..that or that Barker dude from Blink 182 marrying that Playboy model...

I'll never understand that stuff...

You'll never see Brad Pitt with Rosie O'Donnell (even if she wasnt gay)
Old 05-15-2005, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Antonio the magician is my hero, i wish i can grow up to be like him

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because us guys are really into physical appearance. Girls are more attracted to things like personality, fame, money, and power.
Old 05-15-2005, 06:23 PM

Default Re: Antonio the magician is my hero, i wish i can grow up to be like h

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because us guys are really into physical appearance. Girls are more attracted to things like personality, fame, money, and power.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention physical appearance. Why do we let them vote, anyway?

Antonio is NOT a celebrity. As someone in college, I'd say very, very few people follow big poker pros. And even when many know ten or twenty big names, he is not one of them. I can't believe that any girls would know who he is in a club, let alone identify him by the wave. I'd notice poker pros in everyday situations, but no one who doesn't follow poker vehemontly would have no idea.
Old 05-15-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Antonio is NOT a celebrity. As someone in college, I'd say very, very few people follow big poker pros. And even when many know ten or twenty big names, he is not one of them. I can't believe that any girls would know who he is in a club, let alone identify him by the wave. I'd notice poker pros in everyday situations, but no one who doesn't follow poker vehemontly would have no idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I wasn't calling Antonio a top pro. And by the way, Shannon Elizabeth is married to some rocker/biker looking dude, so the Antonio and Shannon Elizabeth thing is a myth. But I bet there are alot of people who've seen his face on TV, because so many people are watching poker these days. So for the young "betties" (that means girls in case you're NOT as cool as Antonio), I imagine that some of them have seen Antonio The Pimp Ass Magician, because their dads, guy friends, etc... might watch poker.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, I wasn't calling Antonio a top pro. And by the way, Shannon Elizabeth is married to some rocker/biker looking dude, so the Antonio and Shannon Elizabeth thing is a myth. But I bet there are alot of people who've seen his face on TV, because so many people are watching poker these days. So for the young "betties" (that means girls in case you're NOT as cool as Antonio), I imagine that some of them have seen Antonio The Pimp Ass Magician, because their dads, guy friends, etc... might watch poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

shannon is getting divorced. her and antonio have not officially announced they are dating(her divorce is not final), but it is pretty obvious they are.

as a side note, antonio once copped a feel on my wife, and i've known shannon elizabeth(not her real name, BTW) for 20 years, though we have not spoken or e-mailed for about 3 years now.

cheers!
Old 05-16-2005, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd notice poker pros in everyday situations, but no one who doesn't follow poker vehemontly would have no idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

My GF knows who Antonio is. And she knows NOTHING about poker.
But they had a feature of him doing his little magic act on the WPT and she thinks he's pretty cute.
I keep trying to tell her that he's actually a total jack-ass (with that 'wave' thing and all) but she doesn't listen.

I pointed out Chris Ferguson on the cruise and she had no idea who that was. The first life-size cut-out of Mike Sexton that she saw she said 'who the hell is that guy?'

but antonio and a couple other poker-players she would recognize in a heart-beat I suspect.

even her little brother knows about the whole Antonio/Shannon Elizabeth thing.

not sure why any of this matters though.
a douche-bag is still a douche-bag whether he's as famous as he thinks he is...or not.

Because of his magic crap he has become one of the more famous poker-players out there.

Maybe not of Negreneau or Brunson or Hellmuth recognizability.
But he's up there (whether he deserves to be or not).
Old 05-16-2005, 05:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

Give me a break. Poker is all over TV. Antonio is seen often on TV winning large amounts of money playing poker.

You seriously think this is not going to bring him some degree of fame?

Reality check please. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2005, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

Give me a break. Poker is all over TV. Antonio is seen often on TV winning large amounts of money playing poker.

You seriously think this is not going to bring him some degree of fame?

Reality check please. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just saying that perception of fame is probably hard to judge with something like poker, where you're surrounded by poker enthusiasts more often than not. Antonio is far more famous than the average person, but he's no where close to even a mediocre TV persona.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I dont know which is funnier..that or that Barker dude from Blink 182 marrying that Playboy model...

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on. Antonio might not be Brad Pitt, but comparing him to Rosie O'Donnell is retarded.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on. Antonio might not be Brad Pitt, but comparing him to Rosie O'Donnell is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, LOL [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]