Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back

Old 10-03-2005, 06:24 PM

Default Why all the secrecy here?

IMO, There are several problems with this forum. When posters ask about closing/opening new accounts for rakeback, the mods here are not as forthcoming as they should be. This vail of secrecy regarding rakeback/affiliates should not be something that 2+2 endorses.

Lets get it out in the open:

All sites with an MGR component to their affiliate program do rakeback. They may say they don't, but they do. Even the largest one(s). Not only that, they are active in their promotion of rakeback. Larger affiliates get individual trackers from whichever sites they want them from. They also get new rakeback accouts open for people with existing accounts.

So either the owners of this forum know that and don't tell, or they don't know. If they don't know, they aren't very well connected in the affiliate game and probably can't offer the new players the protection and service they need in this current environment. New players need the protection that some affiliates can offer. Personally, i'd much rather be under an affiliate that can do things like open a rakeback account without having to bother with the close old/open new account hassle. One that can resolve disputes immediately. Large affiliates can get closed accounts re-opened or do thing such as set higher cashout/buyin limits.

I can understand that www.ABCrackback.com doesnt tell you this, because they probably cant do things for new players that others can, so why point it out? I can't understand it here. This is supposed to be a forum for the good of the players. Clearly, it's not.

I find it hard to believe that the forum "moderators" here cannot offer rakeback to players that already have accounts at the desired site. Again, sites condone and promote this, so why not tell everyone whats really happening?

Please spare me the stealing players from other affiliates crap, cause most of the people that want rakeback accounts opened accounts directly at the sites. Some are under affiliates, but arent going to play without rakeback anyway. It's beside the point anyway, cause it's happening as we speak. The internet is a wonderful place with really no sheriff. You adapt to the changing environment or you get left behind. The sites are adapting by promoting rakeback, so affiliates should as well.

Also, the site doesnt care at all about protecting affiliates signups as this opening new accounts for players with existing accounts goes on all the time with their consent.

I hope this doesnt get deleted and gets some real discussion going about whats really going on out there in the rakeback/affiliate game.

Weather you like it or not, this is going on en masse.

Why not just be upfront about it?

Tuco.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:29 PM

Default Re: Why all the secrecy here?

Because if you talk publicly about stealing players from other affiliates, you can get in deep [censored] from your affiliate manager. It has to take place behind closed doors for the protection of the affiliate.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because if you talk publicly about stealing players from other affiliates, you can get in deep [censored] from your affiliate manager. It has to take place behind closed doors for the protection of the affiliate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get in deep sh*t from the guy that is doing the switching of players? As I said, once a player discovers rakeback, you can't put the genie back in the bottle. He will either go to another room where he can get it, or find an affiliate that will switch him over. Either way the original affiliate loses.

I didnt say we had to talk about specific affiliates. Surely there can be discussion without saying "Buster, thanks for opening me a new rakeback account at ABC poker!"

Tuco.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:13 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

So, we are damned if we do or we are damned if we dont. I had a full argument with Lorinda that we can do rakeback at Empire, and that the owners of empire are in full support of it. She fully says we cant and to prove that we can. Then you come here say we are being secrective and to be out in the open? Either you arent reading or you have an agenda

If i were to tell you that Euro moves players back to their original affiliate if they were reopened new accounts would you call me a liar? If i told you empire does the same would you also call me a liar? You make many broad sweeping strokes in your incoherent babble, please back up your claims that you make. If you say affiliates can do these things, we need to know what site they can do them on, because they all have their own intricacies. And yes some of this can be done, if someone asks 'hey my account got closed' i would tell them to email there affiliate as i have in countless other threads. And i have done this countless times for my players.

What is with all you god damn conspirators. We put this forum up and are acting in the best manner we know how. There is no cloak of secrecy or underhanded scheme. We kept raketracker.com out of sponsoring it so you little babies didnt have anything to cry about apparantly you can always find something. We havent deleted any threads that had any non spam comments in them, why would we now?

If you would like me to defend the size and connectedness of my affiliate program, please PM me, i guarantee you will be impressed and you will find the largest poker rakeback affiliate on the interent. There are certain subjects i cant discuss as it may jeopradize my affiliate program. I have never condoned closing then reopening an account, and i still dont. If you read that thread i told the person to go to another skin, is that not a solution? Are you that blind. I thought i respected you tuco, what is your agenda?

We opened this forum with a site affiliateEV.com which can help people become affiliates, not with raketracker.com we have not tried to gain a single rakeback player from this forum. My rakeback program is what set the standard for rakeback, it brought about a whole new level of customer service for the player, it provided statistics, individualized bonuses, and its the model from which all the other affiliate are running their sites. I dont need to point that out, its why i am still the biggest, the players settle into where they get the best product, and i am confident i offer it. I have the best combination of service, rewards, percentages, longevity, and professionalism on the web.

thanks for your well thought out post
Old 10-03-2005, 07:37 PM

Yeah and hey, nobody can dispute your claim of all the best everything or their post gets deleted. Sounds like you win no matter what! nh
Old 10-03-2005, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, we are damned if we do or we are damned if we dont. I had a full argument with Lorinda that we can do rakeback at Empire, and that the owners of empire are in full support of it. She fully says we cant and to prove that we can. Then you come here say we are being secrective and to be out in the open? Either you arent reading or you have an agenda

[/ QUOTE ]

Look man. Weather Lorinda likes it or not we both (along with alot of other affiliates) know it happening with the sites consent. Either way, let's talk about it in an open fourm.

[ QUOTE ]
If i were to tell you that Euro moves players back to their original affiliate if they were reopened new accounts would you call me a liar? If i told you empire does the same would you also call me a liar?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. All i'm saying is lets talk about these issues. I have yet to have anyone moved back that signed up through me and i suspect that it doesnt happen for you much either.

[ QUOTE ]
You make many broad sweeping strokes in your incoherent babble, please back up your claims that you make.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wrote my OP during a two hour span when I was spending time with my hyper two year old. Sorry if it wasnt clear. I'll summarize:

Why aren't you being honest with the readers here by talking about all the issues. Also, why start an open fourm and restrict what we can talk about?

[ QUOTE ]
What is with all you god damn conspirators. We put this forum up and are acting in the best manner we know how. There is no cloak of secrecy or underhanded scheme. We kept raketracker.com out of sponsoring it so you little babies didnt have anything to cry about apparantly you can always find something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slow down with the personal insults. All I said was I hoped that the thread didnt get deleted so we can have debate. It looks like your not capable of this without throwing a hissy fit.

[ QUOTE ]
If you would like me to defend the size and connectedness of my affiliate program, please PM me, i guarantee you will be impressed and you will find the largest poker rakeback affiliate on the interent. There are certain subjects i cant discuss as it may jeopradize my affiliate program. I have never condoned closing then reopening an account, and i still dont. If you read that thread i told the person to go to another skin, is that not a solution? Are you that blind. I thought i respected you tuco, what is your agenda?

[/ QUOTE ]

My agenda you keep referring to is to have an open discussion and debate of whats really go on in the rakeback/affiliate world.

Goody for you that you think you are the largest. I guarantee that your not, but what does it matter? If you are that large and have that much power, there are lots of things going on that you know would help members of this forum that are unknown to the average player. It is possible to talk about all this stuff without being specific.

[ QUOTE ]
We opened this forum with a site affiliateEV.com which can help people become affiliates, not with raketracker.com we have not tried to gain a single rakeback player from this forum. My rakeback program is what set the standard for rakeback, it brought about a whole new level of customer service for the player, it provided statistics, individualized bonuses, and its the model from which all the other affiliate are running their sites. I dont need to point that out, its why i am still the biggest, the players settle into where they get the best product, and i am confident i offer it. I have the best combination of service, rewards, percentages, longevity, and professionalism on the web.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. Very subtle. You could have just said "not with our rakeback site" What is your agenda?

Tuco.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:10 PM

This is a nice forum for people to learn what rakeback is, but what purpose can there be for those with rakeback already?
We can't find out if a better deal is available (higher percentages). So what's the point?

Anytime someone starts discussing the 'game' of rakeback (what sites will and won't do, etc) the mods cut in with "you don't understand", "can't talk about it", or "PM me".

What other information is there to share?

And why are affiliates the mods? Any conflict of interest there? Almost makes me nostalgic for RGP.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is with all you god damn conspirators. We put this forum up and are acting in the best manner we know how.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is "all you god damn conspirators" really the best manner you know how to act?

[ QUOTE ]
I dont need to point that out, its why i am still the biggest, the players settle into where they get the best product, and i am confident i offer it. I have the best combination of service, rewards, percentages, longevity, and professionalism on the web.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your level of professionalism is apparent. If you are so confident, why are you afraid of the discussion of rates? Seems you should welcome all competitors if you really are the best.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your level of professionalism is apparent. If you are so confident, why are you afraid of the discussion of rates? Seems you should welcome all competitors if you really are the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously affiliateEV is making way more cash than they deserve. Basically all affiliates are making more than they deserve. Eventually more information will be known, but until then all of the affiliates will work hard to keep the secrets to themselves and attempt to make the most money that they can. I have a feeling there will be some drastic changes in how rakeback is handled in the future. There's too much money being made too easily with too many secrets.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have the best combination of service, rewards, percentages, longevity, and professionalism on the web.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah so it's ok for you to talk about and mention your site but not for anyone else? Any time you'd like the claim in quotes disproven, you let me know.