Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2005, 12:50 AM

Default Re: Doesn\'t multitabling put you at a huge disadvantage?

[ QUOTE ]
but how are you able to read people and outplay them?

[/ QUOTE ]

dont need to. learn perfect icm math for when the blinds get big and u can do very well with just that. thats why you can play so many tables and not see yer roi go down that much. holla
Old 07-24-2005, 12:58 AM

Actually thats not true, even while 8 tabling I can very easily see into my opponents souls.
Old 07-24-2005, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Actually thats not true, even while 8 tabling I can very easily see into my opponents souls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha... seriously though if you 8 table in sets then you can really concentrate toward then end when it is really necessary.
Old 07-24-2005, 01:44 AM

Yeah its true, I get plenty of reads when I play, especially late, and if I know the player I'm involved with I always realize it, or if I have a note on them or whatever.
Old 07-24-2005, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but how are you able to read people and outplay them?

[/ QUOTE ]

dont need to. learn perfect icm math for when the blinds get big and u can do very well with just that. thats why you can play so many tables and not see yer roi go down that much. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

So I guess you don't need to be really any good at poker to do well in SNGs, just be able to be a machine.

My problem with multitabling is I have yet to see anyone sustain an ROI higher than like .5 when they multitable, yet its very doable when you single table. Although, multtitabling clearly is the way to make more money/hr
Old 07-24-2005, 03:14 AM

uhh, a really good player getting a 50% ROI in a PP $215 single tabeling? I doubt it.
Old 07-24-2005, 07:12 AM

A 50% ROI at any level is just not possible regardless of whether or not you are multi-tabling. Maaaaaaaybe at the $11s if you single table, but it is definitely not "very doable" as you say.

Does anybody know of anyone who has gotten 50% ROI over a sample of more than 1000 sngs?
Old 07-24-2005, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

So I guess you don't need to be really any good at poker to do well in SNGs, just be able to be a machine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically. Let's say you fire up 4-8 SNGs at once. You're playing so tight early, that you're mostly checking the "fold" box on all the tables. When you get a hand big enough to play (for Gigabet and a few others, read: a random hand that you decide to play), you can concentrate on it because it's probably the only table you're playing a hand on anyway.

Late game strategy in SNGs becomes a collection of push-fold situations that are usually trivial for those that have played enough. Of course, there are exceptions, but for the most part this is true.

[ QUOTE ]

My problem with multitabling is I have yet to see anyone sustain an ROI higher than like .5 when they multitable, yet its very doable when you single table. Although, multtitabling clearly is the way to make more money/hr

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you mean .5% ...? If not, this statement is kind of funny. If you, or anyone you know, has a ROI of 50% single-tabling it's because you / they haven't played enough SNGs single tabling to get an idea of what your true ROI actually is.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:31 AM

I assumed he was expressing ROI as a % and not a decimal

I also assumed it was uneccassary for 3 people to jump on him because of this.

Phill
Old 07-24-2005, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My problem with multitabling is I have yet to see anyone sustain an ROI higher than like .5 when they multitable, yet its very doable when you single table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically, the reason this isnt possible is becuase it would take like 3 years playing full time to get enough data to know this. And Im sure its not possible, even in the 11's.

Edit: Yeah, other posts said basically the same.