Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 05-19-2005, 06:29 PM

Default $20+2 Four Hands

Sorry that I do not have the hand histories, I hope this is enough information to give opinions.

Hand #1
4 handed 150-300 blinds
SB 700
BB 3000
UTG 1900
Hero 2400

UTG folds and I push with 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Hand #2
7 Handed 25-50 Blinds
Button 800
Hero in the SB 650

Button pushes and I fold 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Stupid 10 10 for giving me all of these problems.

Hand #3
7 handed 25-50 blinds
SB 1000
BB 1400
Hero in CO with 600

I open push with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Also the blinds were going to go up in 3 hands--i would be first one posting new blinds.

Hand #4
6 handed blinds 50-100
UTG 700
SB 1200
BB 2200
Hero 1700

UTG open pushes and I reraise all-in with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I obviously don't need the blinds but for some reason the hand looked really good at the moment.

Exactly how bad are these plays. If there is any information i am missing let me know and i will add it if i remember.

Thanks for any help.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:50 PM

Default Re: $20+2 Four Hands

#1 GOOD

#2 I'd PUSH.

#3 this is tricky, if UTG folded, fine especially at a passive table. bear in mind you don't truely need those blinds

#4 if you've seen lots of pushes from utg, perhaps this is okay. but remember if he hasn't, he's probably got a lower ace and you've got him dominated. otherwise a coinflip. you can avoid the coinflip and push the next hand if you so choose

Old 05-19-2005, 07:04 PM

1.) Screw variance, play for first. TT is a godsend w/ blinds getting that large. Push.

2.) Is this really a clear push maulik? 13xBB ... I think it'd really depend if there were a bunch of limpers and Button was pushing or if everyone folded and Button was pushing ... I guess even if a bunch of people limped, that would add to the overlay of a coinflip so you could call then too ... 650 is an awful lot of chips in level 3 though ...

3.) I'd fold. But I'm a wuss.

4.) I'd play it the same way, though if UTG was a rock and suddenly is pushing, I'd mutter and then hit call anyway. You've got too many chips.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1.) Screw variance, play for first. TT is a godsend w/ blinds getting that large. Push.

2.) Is this really a clear push maulik? 13xBB ... I think it'd really depend if there were a bunch of limpers and Button was pushing or if everyone folded and Button was pushing ... I guess even if a bunch of people limped, that would add to the overlay of a coinflip so you could call then too ... 650 is an awful lot of chips in level 3 though ...

3.) I'd fold. But I'm a wuss.

4.) I'd play it the same way, though if UTG was a rock and suddenly is pushing, I'd mutter and then hit call anyway. You've got too many chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

#2 you're right, you can definately limp, and if the flop is favorable play it as such. (p.s. didn't realise it was lvl3)

now if you limp and someone pushes, do you call the push?
Old 05-19-2005, 07:34 PM

#1 Easy push

#2 Close decision, I would probably fold as well.

#3 Seems like a fold to me

#4 Fine
Old 05-19-2005, 07:36 PM

About #2 again. As liucipher said it depends on the limpers, but without any I cant see a call here.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:03 PM

#1 Easy push - 10's are a montser on the button with 8xBB

#2 Fold?? - Huge overpushes are often a tell read over the HH fast people tend to do this with a monster or to protect a weak hand like 7's or 8's if no previous examples I lay it down.

#3 Fold - Awkward stack and QJ isn't worth risking your tourney for 75 chips

#4 I'm confused as to the positions, you're position here makes a difference also highly read dependant but if you are UTG+1 like I suspect I lay this down.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:08 PM

1. Push
2. Fold/Push. Either is fine by me and is dependent on how loose I think the other guy is.
3. Don't like a push here. Risking too much with too weak of a hand. Raise 3x and if re-raised make a decision if you want to call dependent on the person.
4. Push