Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2004, 11:49 AM

Default Lucky or good?

Big play last night in a 2 table Stars SNG. At the time I felt a call was the right move but the more I think about the more I think this was a hand I should have gotten away from. Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

3 players left blinds at 300/600

Button has app. 7000
SB has app. 7000
I have about 10000

I post the BB and look down at 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Button raises the minimum 600
SB folds
I call (I'm pretty sure this was the right move)

Flop: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check with bottom pair and nut flush draw (not sure why I did that except that both of these players had been betting my draws for me all night and not folding when I lead out)

Button goes all in for 6000 or so.

I think briefly and call.

Button turns over AA

Turn: blank River: [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I win with the flush.

This essentially sealed the deal and I went on to win. However, the more I think the more I'm sure that this was a hand I could have gotten away from pretty easily--after all I had only voluntarily put in 600 so far. My only thought at the time was that his push meant he had a good, not great hand i.e. QQ or JJ perhaps with a heart and so I had a lot of outs.

Was this the right play or did I just get lucky?