Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 10:16 AM

Default Power Hold\'em Strategy by Negreanu

Negreanus book will be released in May, 2006 according to Amazon. I'm just wondering if anyone of you guys know who his "superstar contributors" are. On the cover of the book it says "the greatest young players in the world reveal their secrets...".

I'm assuming there are going to be a lot of succesful, young players writing the chapters in the book. I'm guessing Gus Hansen, Erick Lindgren, David Williams and probably some others. Do you have some ideas?
Old 11-13-2005, 12:15 PM

Default Re: Power Hold\'em Strategy by Negreanu

i'll be very interested... but guys like negreanu, ivey and hanson rely on reads so, so much... wouldn't mind a book on that, but then you really have to watch closely.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:00 PM

I'm hoping John Juanda will write a chapter on tournaments.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:04 PM

This could be the best book on hold'em ever written. However, great poker players don't always make great poker writers so I hope these guys can write. (ie Cloutier) I'm buying it no matter what though.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:27 PM

Yeah, John Juanda would be great although i think that Daniel will choose some of the persons he's friends with like Erick Lindgren and Jen Harman but I really hope that Gus will write a chapter. It would be really interesting.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, John Juanda would be great although i think that Daniel will choose some of the persons he's friends with like Erick Lindgren and Jen Harman but I really hope that Gus will write a chapter. It would be really interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Daniel and John Juanda are early poker friends. They had that group that ESPN did a piece on with Negreanu, Juanda, Ivey, and Allen Cunningham. It would be awesome to see all four of them make a contribution to the book plus E Dog Lindgren and Josh Arieh.

I'm definitely waiting for this book.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:10 PM

How about Evelyn Ng?
She's very close friends with Dan.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How about Evelyn Ng?
She's very close friends with Dan.

[/ QUOTE ]

She could do a section on poker chip tricks.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:13 PM

I think Negreanu is one of those guys who takes care of his friends. Plus if you ever read his blog, he is fairly careful who he associates with. I would totally expect his friends like Cunningham, Lindgren, Harman, Ivey, Arieh, and Juanda to write something. Harman having written for SSII and Lindgren's own book coming out soon, they might not be associated with the book. Probably rule out other poker friends who have written books like Hellmuth. And any of the old school players won't be asked to contribute (Tomko, Reese, etc).

I would say darkhorse picks I would like is Fischman and Matusow. These are two guys who have something to contribute to poker, but probably not an entire book worth of unique material. If they tackled the heads up and online tournament portion, it would be awesome.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:24 PM

That would be sick if Hansen wrote something, since apparently his books was cancelled. I emailed to see if he would dish out who the contributors are, but I'm sure he won't answer/won't want to give out the info. He's busy and probably won't dish out anyway. Too bad...