Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 11-12-2005, 10:18 AM

Default Re: I am buying a Dodge Viper with my Poker money...

Way to live in the moment and waste money. Read about where MC Hammer is now and see if you still want to live frivolously.

Old 11-12-2005, 11:12 AM

Any car with a price tag over $20k that is not a 'classic' is a poor use of money. Yes, i do read fatwallet way too much [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

cubs
Old 11-12-2005, 11:22 AM

get a Ford GT coupe.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:28 AM

You will hate yourself after you buy the car. I bought a 1976 Corvette with some of my poker profits. One month after I bought it...I hated it. Kept it three months and sold it for 500 more than I paid for it. So I got lucky but you spend 80K on a car, it will never be worth that price again. Only way it will hold its value is for you to NOT drive it for 20 years.

Invest in something that goes up in value...like a small house that you can rent out. Hell I bought a building here in Fort Myers (with my one super mega large tourney finish) and paid 89,000. I won 109,000 for third place in a big tourney. So I invested the other 20K in refurbishing the building. It sold for 199,000 dollars.

A car is the worst investment ever for your money...unless you are driving a piece of crap right now. Then you just need a normal car not a hot rod. Keep in mind insurance will go up, your gasoline bill will go up (how many people can drive a Viper at the speed limit?), price of speeding tickets. In addition the car doesn't attract attention like a Ferrari or Lamborghini would. Also the car will ride like a log wagon. I thought I would love a sports car, truth was that I hated my Corvette after a month of owning it.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Way to live in the moment and waste money. Read about where MC Hammer is now and see if you still want to live frivolously.

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy is right. The OP is an idiot. The poker gravy train will stop running one day, and he will need the money he is pissing away.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
... Then you just need a normal car not a hot rod. Keep in mind insurance will go up, your gasoline bill will go up (how many people can drive a Viper at the speed limit?), price of speeding tickets...

[/ QUOTE ]

There's more to life than gas mileage.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You will hate yourself after you buy the car. I bought a 1976 Corvette with some of my poker profits. One month after I bought it...I hated it. Kept it three months and sold it for 500 more than I paid for it. So I got lucky but you spend 80K on a car, it will never be worth that price again. Only way it will hold its value is for you to NOT drive it for 20 years.

Invest in something that goes up in value...like a small house that you can rent out. Hell I bought a building here in Fort Myers (with my one super mega large tourney finish) and paid 89,000. I won 109,000 for third place in a big tourney. So I invested the other 20K in refurbishing the building. It sold for 199,000 dollars.

A car is the worst investment ever for your money...unless you are driving a piece of crap right now. Then you just need a normal car not a hot rod. Keep in mind insurance will go up, your gasoline bill will go up (how many people can drive a Viper at the speed limit?), price of speeding tickets. In addition the car doesn't attract attention like a Ferrari or Lamborghini would. Also the car will ride like a log wagon. I thought I would love a sports car, truth was that I hated my Corvette after a month of owning it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy cow dad. The man wants to buy a car. He wasn't asking for investment advice. Red.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My last Peugeot after the wife's shopping trip. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on where the impact occured, it looks to me like it wasn't your wife's fault...
Old 11-12-2005, 12:49 PM

Red. I know some guy in New Mexico that will make your Viper 900HP for $300k.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My last Peugeot after the wife's shopping trip. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on where the impact occured, it looks to me like it wasn't your wife's fault...

[/ QUOTE ]

Not saying that it was... But do you know how many women cross roads without looking first?

Is the wife okay? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]