Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back

Old 10-18-2005, 07:42 PM

Default Re: Why all the secrecy here?

Morgant,

My OP was made before the whole situation started. I've been here at 2+2 since close to the begining and really am not sure that I like the fact that a one of the forums has a much different set of rules than the others. That was the point of my OP.

I also posted this before we got into discussion together on working out a way to go forward. Now that I have, im confident in the fact that you guys are not using this forum as a raketracker mouthpiece.

[ QUOTE ]
now that many have followed you, arent those affiliate accounts you opened for people frozen?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, as are all new affiliate accounts created after last Sunday. We thought we could bring alot of the RB sites together under one umbrella and put a stop to all the bad things that seem to happen in the RB game.

[ QUOTE ]
you made a lot of claims and a lot of jabs at affiliates, seems that you talked the talk.........

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know what this means. If you are saying that I took jabs at you, it was only because I didn't have a clear understanding of what this forum was about. I do now, but it really wasn't apparent from the start.

[ QUOTE ]
if you would like some advice, its a fine line of what can and cant be disclosed

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, you are addressing a post from two weeks ago. I wasnt aware of how much Party hated the RB discussion as I am now.

[ QUOTE ]
i offered you my insights on this when you originally approached all the ex skins affilaites, but you wanted all the business for you and CPC

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said above, the intent was to bring all the affiliates together and put them in a position that they had to follow our (read: Party;s) rules. This would have put an end to all of the backhanded crap that goes on that Party hates, or they would lose their affiliation.

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of this issue we have with party and rakeback IMO has been created by you, al, and CPC. I am not trying to attack, but, now that things have gone down the road that I, cup, and rt1 foresaw, i can discuss it, without being accused of spamming, censoring, or some other such BS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heres the bottom line. The reality is that RB websites had no chance of dealing with Party after the break-up. I'm sure you disagree with this, but even if you did get a deal worked out with Party, what would be your security once you brought all your players back? They hate RB sites and nothing they would have done to you guys after they got their players back should surprise me or you. They see the players that left as their players.

Your opinion that we created a bad situation is wrong. To blame us for the spamming, stealing of players and other things that have gone on in the last week, as well as since the origin of the RB business is merely you trying to find someone to blame. I really had no idea of:

a. The size of the business.
b. The underhanded, scummy things some of the websites are willing to do to get one more player than the other guy.

[ QUOTE ]
People listened to you and al and now their accounts are frozen. Are you guys collecting all the mgr for yourselves and CPC?

[/ QUOTE ]

You, and anyone that did get started with us can rest assured that if we get paid for ANY player they brought to us, so will the affiliate. Period.

[ QUOTE ]
If so that was a major swift one you guys pulled over on this place, and i will be the whistle blower, even though many wont like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me state this again. If we get one dime for any players you, or any other affiliate brought us, the affiliate will get paid as well.

As far as whisle blowing goes, i'm really not sure what you are refering to. Feel free to post anything and everything we said or tried to do in the last week. Feel free to post my name if you like, as I have nothing to hide.

I only wanted to try and stop all the "COME GET 26% RAKEBACK AT PARTY" posts, as well as anything that put a deal for all of us in jeopardy. It was in all of our best interests to figure out a way that was beneficial to:

1. The player
2. The affiliates
3. Partypoker

Everything I did this week was to achieve this goal.

Tuco.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:32 PM

OK I have a question,

If Party doesn't allow rakeback and CPC signed up all these affiliates under a rakeback plan, why isnt CPC's accounts frozen?

"Do they have a get out of jail free card or something?"
Old 10-18-2005, 09:10 PM

Tuco said, "It was in all of our best interests to figure out a way that was beneficial to:

1. The player
2. The affiliates
3. Partypoker

Everything I did this week was to achieve this goal."

Tuco, you've failed miserably on 3 accounts.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:13 PM

This post reminds me of a person who thinks they are smart because they know wresting is fake. Tuco will be bragging to friends and family about his insider wresting knowledge, while everyone else cringes.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:38 PM

Not to single you out but your claims of hard work are amusing at very best.

Why don't you be professional about it?

Wanna compare your 'hard work' to people who gotta work double shifts in a factory to make a living?

You get paid well. Wanna publish how much you made per month as a result of running a rakeback site? Screw this "I work so hard" [censored].

[ QUOTE ]

no kidding sherlock. i am the one who brought the most amount of automation to this affilaite rakeback business. where do you think all these sites developed there sites from? my site automates as much as i can get it to. otherwise we couldnt process the amount of business and players we do. i built a site that tracks players just the same as the affilaite sites like tradal.net.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got a tear in my eye. How about acting professional and not gloating how hard you work and how much you've done for the community (that is a pun, this is driven by how much goes in your pocket, stop pretending otherwise)

[ QUOTE ]

but i still need to pay players. only several payment options offer batch payments. most are individual account transfers. yes thats roughly 3000 of them a month. Your short sightedness is astounding.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you hire a little brother or a friend you trust to do this for you at 10$/hour. That's crazy work you're doing.

Bottom line:

Please stop advertising in every second post you make, it's sickening. "I did this, I did that, I have this many affil, I automated that, I am what everyone looks up at"

What the [censored].
Old 10-18-2005, 10:12 PM

You play 30/60 for a living right Alex?

Wanna compare your 'hard work' to people who gotta work double shifts in a factory to make a living?

WiteKnite
Old 10-18-2005, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You play 30/60 for a living right Alex?

WiteKnite

[/ QUOTE ]

I never claimed my "work" to be hard.

I always considered it a fluke and a blessing. I'd like to add that I feel terrible for all my friends because they work twice as hard yet achieve twice as little.

That's why it pisses me off when these people making six figures monthly sitting on their ass promoting rakeback complain about their hard work.

My friend working in IT has been going to work and working overtime for the past month and he earns maybe 40k/year.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:48 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

i have made a zillion a disclaimers that i am not complaining. i love the work that i do, but it is a round the clock job. when several people make posts that affiliates sit on there azzes and count their money, i happen to know first hand how far from the truth this is.

ho hum. i will shut up, and let you flame away..... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] enjoy
Old 10-18-2005, 10:49 PM

I just thought it a funny thing for a pro to say. Tell your friend I sincerly feel his pain. If you don't already know, ask him what PEBCAK stands for. It's sad and amusing.

WiteKnite
Old 10-18-2005, 10:53 PM

So, just to clarify the facts a bit:

1. PokerAl & Tuco are affiliates that worked together to try and bring many of the existing skin RB providers to Party as subaffiliates to CPC. PokerAl may be a honcho at CPC.

2. The purpose of doing so was to try and impose some form of acceptable standards regarding business practices / advertising / code of conduct that would not ruffle Party's feathers.

3. The aforementioned consortium succeeded in recruiting some portion of the existing skin RB affiliates under this umbrella.

4. The imposition or intended imposition of a code of conduct, particularly surrounding the issue of RB or "player rewards" or whatever you want to call it, did not succeed; claims of RB at Party were soon all over the place, as were threads regarding opening new accounts / new funding sources, etc.

5. Party got pretty pissed off at the spectacle.

6. In response to the spectacle, Party froze the sub-affiliate accounts that were recruited under the umbrella. The status of those accounts is currently murky. The accounts may be closed; they may be reopened.

7. Even if the subaffiliate accounts are reopened, individual player statements may or may not be available to the consortium or the subaffiliates recruited to the consortium.

8. Party may or may not make affiliate payments to the consortium (or the subaffiliates recruited to the consortium), regardless of whether any such payments are provided in tandem with individual player statements.

9. Everything is up in the air because all the subaffiliates are waiting on word / negotiating with Party.

Is all this accurate? If not, what is inaccurate?

Thanks.

Edit: And delete this post if it is unhelpful to what's happening in this whole mess, please, then PM why it was unhelpful. Thanks.