FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2005, 11:39 AM

Default Re: to all Internet pros

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
chesspain
Why is your name in green?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's because he's a moderator, one of our best and brightest. Consider what that says about the rest of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

a moderator, nice
Old 09-05-2005, 11:47 AM

I often chat. I often say "nh", "ty" etc. Sometimes I miss it when I play four tables. If someone is berating a fish at my table I start making fun of him so he directs his anger towards me.

Now I don't think it really has a big impact on how many fish there are on the tables. Their 85o winning on the river just enough times does.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:31 PM

exactly that is one reason why poker die/dryup earlier or later. Many people play for the social component, by the way paradise is mostly more friendly and more talkative. But not easier games.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:40 PM

This is an interesting post for me, because I also do not respond when someone says, "nh", etc. Being a pro, I don't believe there are any "nice hands". There are just winners and losers. I also don't acknowledge someone who says, "nice hand" in a live game, but I am friendly otherwise. Online, I just don't chat period, which means I also never ridicule anyone. Now THAT I would think should make the games less fun for you.

But maybe I'm wrong... It seems no chat to you is just as bad as insulting chat. Is that the case? If so, maybe I have to think more about my online demeanor.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:53 PM

I always say "ty". If someone shows their hand after I fold I always say "nh" (unless its a bluff, then I say nothing).

Paul
Old 09-05-2005, 12:54 PM

Ever thought that they don't have their chat on so they don't have to listen to whiny people like you?
Old 09-05-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ever thought that they don't have their chat on so they don't have to listen to whiny people like you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don’t think you understand my point. If you make money On-line don’t you want me to play? Maybe you don't. Fine I will play blackjack or craps or bet on sports. I am sure I can find a bookmaker that will chat with me as I give him money say good bet when I win.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:35 PM

blahh, bad joke + already used in thread
Old 09-05-2005, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don’t think you understand my point. If you make money On-line don’t you want me to play? Maybe you don't. Fine I will play blackjack or craps or bet on sports. I am sure I can find a bookmaker that will chat with me as I give him money say good bet when I win.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one cares about you in particular. If you decide to not play poker no one will notice. You are not in a position to engage in blackmail here.

Play poker if you want. Don't play poker if you don't want to. But you are taking this drama queen act way too far here.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ty

[/ QUOTE ]
nh