Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2004, 10:45 PM

Default NWA can suck my balls

I know the airline industry is [censored] up, so maybe this is standard operating procedure, but this is the first time I have run into this BS, and I am pissed.

In August I booked a flight on Northwest to go home for thanksgiving, from San Diego to Minneapolis. My outgoing flight is Thurs morning and return flight is Sunday evening. On friday my teachers finally admitted that we don't have class on wednesday (the university has classes scheduled and teachers apparently are not supposed to cancel their classes but I guess they do anyways and just do not tell anyone until now...) So I'm like sweet, maybe now I can get a flight home thats actually before Thanksgiving day. So I call up Northwest and ask about changing my flight. The guy tells me that a flight on tuesday or wednesday is gonna run me about $1000. This is clearly not worth it so I say thanks anyways and hang up. I then go online and check out Sun Country Airlines website. I find a 1-way ticket on Tuesday for $167, what a sweet deal! Now I can just take that flight home and take my Northwest flight to get back to San Diego on sunday! So I call my parents to make sure they can pick me up at the airport on tuesday and my mom says it will work perfectly because she is going to be dropping my cousin off at the airport Tuesday anyways. Then my dad says I should call Northwest back to tell them of my new plans. So I call them and tell them I found a flight on a different airline but that I still want to take their flight back on Sunday, seems resonable enough to me. (Bitch from NWA in the most annoying voice ever...) "Umm, no sorry sir. If you do not show up for your outgoing flight on Thursday then your entire reservation will be cancelled and you will not be able to take your return flight on Sunday." WTF!?!?! What kind of crap are they trying to pull here. Its not like it hurts them any, not having me on the thurs. flight. It should actualy help them since they always overbook anyways. What is their freakin problem! So I am like fine, I want to cancel my Thursday flight right now, and just keep my sunday flight.

"No sir, if you cancel one, you cancel both because it is a round trip."

[censored] YOU WHORE! It is not. Its not like they sell the damn thing as a package. When you book a flight you get to pick the day/time you leave and the day/time you return. What the hell is their problem. So I'm like fine, I want to make the Sunday flight my outgoing flight and have my return flight be sometime in the future.

"Sir, I know what you are trying to do, and I cannot allow you to make a reservation that you do not intend to show up for. That is illeagal. And besides, by changing your flight you will be subject to the current price for that Sunday flight: $955!"

OMFG, this is unreal. Does anyone seriously pay prices in upwards of $1000 for a flight? I know I have never paid over like $400...

So the moral of the story is...I hopefully will never fly with Northwest again. Sun Country makes so much more sense. Not only are they way cheaper, but they sell flights as 2 separate 1 way tickets, none of this "round trip" BS. In doing this they make it so you don't get totally [censored] when you try to change one of your flights or when you only want a 1 way ticket in the first place. I have looked for a 1 way ticket on Northwest before, and have found that they charge you more for a 1 way ticket than if you were to just book a "round trip" ticket on the same exact flight and simply not show up for your return flight. What a [censored] joke!

OK, rant over. Thanks for listening guys [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]