Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 08:52 AM

Default Attention Mods: RB given by a poker site....

Is it forbidden to talk about RB given by a poker site directly as opposed to by an affiliate?

I dont know if it is the same since you are basically just getting a lower max rake on your account. For instance if Party lowered their rake to $2 max Next Thursday (lol) Im sure there would be tons of posts, this seems to be the equivalent
Old 10-26-2005, 08:55 AM

Default Re: Attention Mods: RB given by a poker site....

If it is provided by the poker site, it should not be called rakeback for 2+2 purposes (even if the poker site uses that term). A bonus is a form of return of rake, though not tied directly to the exact rake collected.

The poker site is not going to spam our forum either, so clearly any poker site based program should be open for discussion here. And its not close.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If it is provided by the poker site, it should not be called rakeback for 2+2 purposes (even if the poker site uses that term).

The poker site is not going to spam our forum either, so clearly any poker site based program should be open for discussion here. And its not close.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing, but I have PMd the 3 moderators so they can look at the question (just to make sure)
Old 10-26-2005, 10:32 AM

My view would be that it isn't "rakeback" as we think of it, and as long as the discussion is initiated by a neutral forum poster and not intended as an advert for the site, then, depending on actual content, it should be ok.

As far as I am aware, rakeback discussion is forbidden here because every time it occurs some affiliates come out of the woodwork and start spamming the forum or the posters.

I can see that perhaps some affiliates might still spam with "better" offers. As this is forbidden, if anyone receives such spam by pm then they should report it to a moderator.