Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 04:46 AM

Default Re: Multi-way 10/20 ps, 500bb stacks

[ QUOTE ]
On the turn, are you more likely to raise with the nuts or the non nut?

[/ QUOTE ]

From UTG's point of view, the nuts, or at least a flush considering he's OOP w/deep stacks and its 3 way in a sizable pot. Im not saying button isn't threatening at all, but I don't see how he can be more threastening than UTG.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:58 AM

Why has NO ONE suggested pushing. Me'thinks there is too much fear (easier said i know). The only thing, repeat, ONLY thing you can be called down by is the NUT flush Asxs. With stacks this deep, the semi-bluff becomes a powerful tool. It staggers me that no-one has suggested this (am i that out of line?)
I hold my breath and push....would never forgive myself if board pairs or another diamond comes....and heck, can't live in fear of someone having that better hand, what r the odds of a suited ace calling a fre-flop raise, not raising the board etc etc. Just push! dammit, do it!
Old 10-13-2005, 07:54 AM

because we believe that button isn't a major threat here and pushing removes any possibility of stacking off on an inferior flush
Old 10-13-2005, 08:02 AM

Sooooo, you only slow-play when the stacks are Really deep, surely that is the one time not to.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:31 AM

hero here either has the hand locked or he's dead
raising is suicidal
Old 10-13-2005, 12:46 PM

is that best player H@llingal or whatever his name is??
Old 10-13-2005, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hero here either has the hand locked or he's dead
raising is suicidal

[/ QUOTE ]
Clearly if either UTG (unlikely since he probably would have raised preflop) or the button (very likely) has somthing like AQo with only one high diamond, which he might have slow played on the flop, than you are neither dead or have a lock...
Old 10-13-2005, 03:21 PM

I'm confident that at button has the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in his hand. I know that doesn't help much, but I'd play the hand under the assumption that he has either got you crushed or has a 4 to 1 draw.

Since H@ is such a regular in the game, it might be a good spot to just stick it all in and show him how big your nuts are. If he has the nutty nut, you can at least be sure that he'll think twice about trying to pull a big semi-bluff in a similar situation.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:33 PM

His hand range is quite large. But he would have raised somewhere if he had a strong hand. I doubt he has a hand as good as a set. He is not the one to be worried about.

Against KellyQQ I lean toward folding here. Tough fold certainly, but this guy is a very straightforward player and I dont know if he's even capable of limping utg w/ smaller diamonds.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:40 PM

If button has the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], then wtf does UTG have?

Sticking it all in to "show" something to H@ is idiotic for multiple reasons, one of which being that he isnt the player that raised. He will fold.

And were he to stack you for 10k it would not lead to him being cautious or respectful of your play lol.

Actually I think you misread the original post.