Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2005, 11:41 AM

Default fold the rockets on the river?

This is a home game, 7-handed, all bought in for $10 and the blinds are .10/.20. The game is pot-limit. I am sitting on a little under $10.

The game is pretty loose, most players are average and it's pretty easy to read people post-flop - if someone folds the had nothing at all, if the call they hit at least a pair, if they raise they really like their hand, which could be TPWK. Pre-flop, everyone is usually either limping or folding, and most raises just double the BB to .40. This hand was the first hand of the night with multiple pre-flop raises.

Anyway, we've been playing for a few hours, and everyone is drinking beers but the game seems to be staying the same. However, nobody is doing anything too crazy and we haven't seen many big pots. At this point, a few folks say that this is their last hand (including the Dealer) so it is understood that the game is ending soon.

The table goes:

SB (bad, new to NLHE)
BB (decent, but stoned and playing passive)
UTG
UTG+1
HERO
CO (last hand)
Dealer (last hand)

The Dealer is pretty cagey, I think I'm one of if not the best player at the table and I'm most concerned with him. He plays tight pre-flop, and gets aggressive with both good hands and nothing at all. Classic TPA. The SB is new to NLHE, and is bad - he's a calling station and doesn't really understand the subtle aspects of the game at all. For example, if he has called the BB in MP and someone raises, he will always call every time.

I get dealt AA. Suits don't matter as there was no threat of a flush at any time. Dealer has Hero and SB covered.

SB posts .10
BB posts .20

PREFOLP:
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero raises to .70, CO calls, Dealer raises to 1.10, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 fold, Hero calls, CO calls

(Here, I made the mistake of not re-raising. I think it was because I was really confused what was going on, this was the first time there was this much PF action and it threw me for a loop)

FLOP: Q T 4 (pot is 5.50)

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets 2.50, CO folds, Dealer quickly calls, SB quickly calls, BB folds

TURN: Q T 4 9 (pot is 13.00)

SB bets 1.00, I raise to 2.00, Dealer quickly calls, SB quickly calls

(The reason for the small raise here is because I know that at this point they both have something and they both really like it. I've only got a pair and am pretty sure that I'll be beat)

RIVER: Q T 4 9 2 (pot is 19.00)

SB checks, Hero checks, Dealer pushes, SB calls the rest of his stack with zero hesitation, Hero.... ?

At this point, Hero has about 4.50 left. SB could have anything at all, from bottom pair to overs to a set to a straight. Dealer is smart and certainly has a hand by this point. The re-raise PF by Dealer told me he either had a pair or some paint.

This hand really bothered me, I had seen nothing like it all night, I think that my bet of 2.50 was the largest single bet up until that point. So, do you call and hope the 1-pair stands or do you fold and leave the night with 1/2 of your stack?