Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 02:55 AM

Default WPT Season 1

Is this DVD worth the steep $70 price tag? Would you guys rate this as the best action out of the three seasons on the WPT? I have never seen any of these episodes, only seasons two and three.

By the way...when do the new ones start? Within a few weeks?
Old 11-01-2005, 02:59 AM

Default Re: WPT Season 1

They start in March 06.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:17 AM

Season 3 is easily the best WPT season, but that should be expected.

Season one is "ok". I'd see if I could find a used set of the DVD's before buying them new (eBay). Although it may be worth it to you if you haven't seen season 1.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:37 AM

I pretty much enjoy all three seasons equally, but the poker "purists" seem to like season one the best. It is not such a spectacle (which really bugged me about season three) and has less "all in Poker" and more actual moves.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:28 AM

I like season one the best. There is alot more actual poker play and less of the "all in" moments where two guys are all in and then they are standing around for like 5 minutes waiting for the flop to be dealt. That's something that really has bores me lately about the WPT. Deal the damn flop already and stop trying to create drama.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:27 AM

I just received mine in the mail today - bought on ebay < $40 with shipping
Old 11-01-2005, 07:56 AM

Go to the WPT website. I believe you can get it much cheaper there. Oh, and BTW, Season 3 comes out on DVD today.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like season one the best. There is alot more actual poker play and less of the "all in" moments where two guys are all in and then they are standing around for like 5 minutes waiting for the flop to be dealt. That's something that really has bores me lately about the WPT. Deal the damn flop already and stop trying to create drama.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Several of the season one episodes really are awesone. Espisode 1 is really good: Deeb, Hansen, Juanda, Bigler, Scotty, and Hennigan. A lot of really good play in that one.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:26 AM

Season One is my favorite too. I love the first episode when nobody really knew who Gus Hansen was and Deeb is talking about wanting to play with him every day because he is a bad player....and my man Chris Bigler!!

Season Two isn't bad, but just not as good. I will get season 3 today because I don't watch the new episodes..I just wait for the DVD's and watch them all in a week.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:09 AM

Just checked Amazon, it appears that season 3 DVD is a "best of season 3" on 4 discs, which I guess means 8 episodes [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]