Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2005, 07:53 PM

Default Re: Am I spewing?

[ QUOTE ]
If you hadn't of folded the AQ hand face up, I'd say you are spewing.

You say he is a thinking player, hopefully he's thinking of that. And hopefully he was thinking of that when he raised you, and was light.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I would count on that. Pseudo-thinking players, as I call them, may remember the laydown, but I think it comes after Soss makes the 3rd raise, not before it. I just don't see the tighter solid types in those tournaments going through the thought process of lessening their hand requirements for a raise because they might view you as weak tight. I guess I just think it might not get loosened enough to the point where you can safely assume a fold to a push.

What is more likely, IMO, is that he still raised with a good hand, but is more likely to remember the AQ fold AFTER the push, which might limit his hand range that he's going to call with, as he has to assume Soss is pushing with something better than AQ here.

All things considered, I think it's pretty marginal. But I don't make moves like this.