Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is the better pitcher?
Johnson 34 48.57%
Santana 36 51.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2005, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Who wins this fight?

[ QUOTE ]
ther is no reason she should lose once you hit the ground.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. First, I'm not going to lie down on my stomach for her and just wait for her. But if you go down it's not that hard to get one foot down and stand with her around your neck.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:36 PM

I think this depends on the areana and the woman's temperment. My sister in law fits your description perfectly- she even has a little experience in Tae Kwon Do (not a lot)- and i think that she could be taken easily because she isn't very aggressive and just screaming and running at her immediately could prevent her from using any tactics- she likely would just run at that point (hence the importance of the size of the arena).
If on the other hand she was an aggressive person who would be tanacious with a choke hold or an eye gouge- and she was mentally prepared for the fight then she should be able win the majority of the time- essentially barring a luck kick from the guy that would signifigantly hurt her or knock her down.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His elbows could not swing independently - they would basically be strapped to his side. He could swing his whole torso around and slam into her with his elbow, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

This with the combo of kicks and head butts is enough to ensure the male victory.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:52 PM

most women "untrained in fighting" are not going to be tenacious with a choke hold or eye gouge

that said, I think this is an intersting question and I would not pick either combatant to win in a landslide
Old 06-15-2005, 02:54 PM

No, in fact, laying on ones back and kicking upward into an attacker is a technique taught to novice fighters.

I will take this challenge with any willing woman participant of said size (i am 510 180) and I will give odds.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:14 PM

There's no way the woman can win.

There is a rather accurate Seinfeld episode in which Kramer falls asleep on top of his girlfriend, and she is unable to get out. A similar situation could easily come up in the fight, and there is no way a 110 pound woman is pushing a 210 pound guy off of her.

If the guy is for some reason unable to beat the crap out of her with his shoulders and legs, all he has to do is knock her down and get on top. She won't be getting out. Give it a shot with your lady-friend; lie on top of her as dead weight - you don't even have to grab on - and see how easy it is for her to get out.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:19 PM

Jake, you don't qualify at all as the guy described since you are highly trained in combat. (Former Marine, no?)
Old 06-15-2005, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jake, you don't qualify at all as the guy described since you are highly trained in combat. (Former Marine, no?)

[/ QUOTE ]

How much does most of that matter when they take away your arms? I dunno. But we're talking about an "average" guy that's a lot bigger than me anyway.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:39 PM

Old 06-15-2005, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, in fact, laying on ones back and kicking upward into an attacker is a technique taught to novice fighters.

[/ QUOTE ]

But not with your arms tied. She is goig to be able to run around you faster than you can turn - giving her easy head kicking access..