Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2005, 05:43 PM

Default Raise or call turn donk with tptk

Villain is poster, I had some stats on him that say loose passive aggressive, 32/3 with af of 3.1, 6.5, 1.2 . . . 1.9, and he's from Glasgow

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP1 posts a blind of $0.75.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls.

Turn: (5 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

I'm assuming his hand range is wide since he posted in early position and I'm thinking he thinks I have big cards or a pair preflop. After I raised the flop I'm thinking he's thinking I could have an overpair, but he also could be thinking I'm trying to push him off with just high cards.

He donks the turn. Is the combination of the strength of our hand, with his turn aggression reason enough to raise the turn? Or do you think his river donk means he can beat a top pair-like hand?
Old 11-20-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Raise or call turn donk with tptk

don't like the flop much - I probably just fold this

turn call, river call is what I do - it's tough when someone donks into you twice
Old 11-20-2005, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Raise or call turn donk with tptk

Yeah I think I would just call this down. I don't think he has a flush draw and if he does so be it - I really don't want to fold to a 3-bet. Looks like the type of player who will continue betting on the river when you have him beat anyway.