Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 01:16 AM

Default Re: I am an idiot.

Read stuey's post!

It's not too long. Ignore the part about his being a freak. He's a lot of things, but freak is not one of them.

p.s. dammit. I need to go to bed!
dammit. 2 edits! I AM AN IDIOT
Old 10-21-2005, 01:17 AM

You should get prescribed to Aderol. It can help you play poker and when you get to college you can make a ton of money selling them. They can also help you stay awake to drink liquor. You can be black out drunk but continue to function for many more hours.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:24 AM

Bruin,

I have to disagree with the general consensus. Not that you are an idiot - you are not. But, that things will change. People are either organized or not. I have yet to meet someone who changes. I happen to be the opposite - totally organized (and always was).

Both are curses. Both make life more complicated than need be. Being organized saves me a lot of time - not looking for car keys for 10 extra minutes and things like that. But, by the same token 1) so what if I saved time - to do what else? 2) usually if I am on time I have to wait for folk like you who are always late - so I don’t ever really save any time after all.

Either way, don’t worry about it. That is what makes life so interesting - different folk like you and those of us who are organized.

Best of luck to you,

RJT
Old 10-21-2005, 01:35 AM

lmao @ 120 and claiming to be in shape. I'm 5'6 or so, hadn't benched in 4+ years, and put up 145. Come on, dude.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lmao @ 120 and claiming to be in shape. I'm 5'6 or so, hadn't benched in 4+ years, and put up 145. Come on, dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that 120 isn't great or anything, I was just trying to illustrate that I'm not a complete nerd, because I am not and was a Varsity Basketball player last year (obviously I could bench more back then).
Old 10-21-2005, 01:42 AM

This is very wise and very true.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But, that things will change. People are either organized or not. I have yet to meet someone who changes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not looking to argue but I am interested what other things do you think you cannot change about yourself?

I was a wild spender I never saved my money. I though I could not change. Some people just can't manage their money I thought. Then one day I read and article that said anyone can learn to manage their spending. It is a learned skill a tough one but it can be done.

I tried really hard and now I believe I have changed what I thought was a personality trait. In the process I have also found out the reasons I was doing it. I'm not proud of them either. I was buying stuff for emotional fulfillment. Problem is it does not last very long and you have to go buy more stuff. Then you have all this stuff but the feeling still comes back.

Once I saw that ugly truth the change was much easier for me. Now if I get the urge to buy stuff I don't need I try to think of a positive way to get the emotional enjoyment I am craving. Like maybe try and make the item for myself. Then the item holds some meaning to me after I "get" it. And the process of making it gives you a much longer high than buying it plus you are learning new things.

I think we can change anything we want about ourselves we just have to want to do it enough to make it happen. And the change is instantaneous when it happens from my experience.

Hope this does not sound like I am telling others what is what. My intention is to give hope and encouragement, as sometimes you have to try a million times before you change but when you do it still happens in an instant.

Edit: I'm not stoned and never do drugs. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

This topic just means a lot to me as I have fought many demons and I have been winning so I have a positive outlook atm. It was not always so.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:44 AM

This screams autistic.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:45 AM

Whatever, dude.

ONE OF US. ONE OF US. ONE OF US. ONE OF US...

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2005, 01:54 AM

How much do you weigh?