Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 01:31 PM

Default Re: It\'s time to do something about the Party Spam (kinda long)

I am more irritated by site spam and pop-ups, usually about up-coming tournaments, than by this stuff. How do we get Party et al. to ban that crap??
Old 09-14-2005, 01:44 PM

When I saw your thread title, I thought it was going to be about stopping all the duplicate "PARTY IS LOSING MONEY ONLINE POKER IS DEAD!" threads.

Yeah, the chat spam is almost as bad.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Only allow chat from railbirds with $100 in account.

Immediately confiscate all funds from offenders.

If it is determined that $100 loss is not enough to limit spam keep raising minimum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't understand why Party doesn't implement something like this. Make them have an account balance of $50 or $100, and filter for those advertising words. If they show up, lock the account to make sure that is spamming (and not somebody asking about the site). Simple and effective.

Then again, UB seems to have a similar problem with a few spammers, so it isn't just Party that's affected.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:05 PM

I applaud your efforts... but....

I don't think it takes more than one complaint about a user ID to get it banned. I'm sure Party can track down past behavior and look at comments made in the past to see if it is a spam account. But I'm sure more than one report about the same user may speed up the account action.

And the only solution I see is to ban chat from railbirds, as other people have said. I don't see a problem with that, honestly. With IM software so prevalent you don't really need to track down your friend at another table and talk to him in the table-talk. I don't really know what the purpose of allowing railbird talk is.

One, IMO very EASY, fix for this is just another option in the drop-down list to ignore non-player chat. Just like you choose Dealer Summary, whatever.

I've sent this suggestion into Party. Perhaps if THAT is the subject of the e-mail campaign ("Do something about the table spam!") rather than reporting the accounts that are spamming.

How about a form letter:

Dear Sirs,

I am a player at xxxx site. I enjoy your service, and appreciate being able to play at your site with other customers.

One thing distresses me, though, and that is the amount of spam at the table I see. I see messages advertising various poker related merchandise sites very regularly. I have been reporting these sites to you, but the messages continue.

I could just ignore it, if the messages weren't misleading. I'm afraid they influence your customer base, leading them to believe things like other people can see your cards, and that there is a way to cheat at online poker!

Please do something about this problem.

Your concerned customer,

xxxx

KO
Old 09-14-2005, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Then again, UB seems to have a similar problem with a few spammers, so it isn't just Party that's affected.

[/ QUOTE ]

Full Tilt too. I actually saw the same guy spam a FT table I was on and a UB table I was on within a minute of each other.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:31 PM

The solution is to have party make the default setting for "turn off observer chat" to well...on...that's confusing, but you know what I mean. It's unlikely party would take the easy, simple, straightforward solution though...not really their cup of tea to try and make their customers happy.

J
Old 09-14-2005, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If it is determined that $100 loss is not enough to limit spam keep raising minimum.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be nice if they would do this, but they don't seem to want to.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
And who have played X thousand hands. Anybody could make a deposit, spam for a few days, then withdraw. Make them play some poker for the privilege.

But I'm still waiting to hear a good reason why railbird chat should be allowed at all. What useful purpose does it serve? Who will be hurt, or offended, if it's completely banned?
Old 09-14-2005, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The solution is to have party make the default setting for "turn off observer chat" to well...on...that's confusing, but you know what I mean. It's unlikely party would take the easy, simple, straightforward solution though...not really their cup of tea to try and make their customers happy.

[/ QUOTE ]
The solution is to limit chat to funded real money accounts only. If you spam your account is closed and the funds confiscated. It would take two days tops to end the problem.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:15 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a great idea. doesn't stars prohibit chat from people who don't have the minimum buyin?