Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2005, 11:51 AM

Default Re: I need all sorts of help. Please keep it coming.

[ QUOTE ]
If you push your 1230 chips in the middle, and there's already 600 chips in the pot, the BB is calling 800 chips into an 1830 pot. That's 2.28:1 Pot Odds. Which suggests you should push the top 44% of hands. Which makes the Q3s marginal, and the 93s a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't push 93s here unless the blinds were making a lot of soft folds I might well push it if I had 2000 in chips in the same spot though.

Regards Mack
Old 03-02-2005, 11:54 AM

If you really want to make this an interesting thread, as the chorus has this as a EZ...

Ask the forum which hands they push with. Now you'll find some interesting info.

I'm curious as to what hands you will call the aforementioned push with........either blind. or does SB/BB change the range

hyde
Old 03-02-2005, 12:45 PM

My chips are in the middle like 6 hands ago.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:07 PM

Could someone please explain the concept of fold equity and how it applies here?

Thank you.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't push 93s here unless the blinds were making a lot of soft folds I might well push it if I had 2000 in chips in the same spot though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct Mack, with 2000 chips, assuming BB will look at calling this hands from purely a pot odds standpoint, the math says pushing with any two is correct, assuming you're using pot odds as the sole reason for this decision.

It could also be correct from an FE standpoint as well.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My chips are in the middle like 6 hands ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure how I should respond to this. I'm thinking something pretty smart-alecky like "Then no foo for u."
Old 03-02-2005, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you really want to make this an interesting thread, as the chorus has this as a EZ...

Ask the forum which hands they push with. Now you'll find some interesting info.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hyde, that is essentially what I was doing, but suggested a poll. Then I chose sample hands that were like the Top 40%, Top 50%, Top 60% and Top 70% (as these are the typical responses you'll get, rather than a fitted hand). It's hard to put all 169 hands into a poll, and it's more likely to get the maximum number of responses from a poll vs. an open thread.

Denied - you don't get to steal my thunder. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious as to what hands you will call the aforementioned push with........either blind. or does SB/BB change the range

[/ QUOTE ]

This is stack and table play dependent. The first question you need to answer is how tight is the table, and can I continue to steal blinds easily? Personally, I probably fold a lot of good hands here. I might call with TT+, AT+ (about Top 10%).

Math wise, calling with a hand as weak is KJo (Top 15%) is very proper, and I'm sure you could look at even weaker hands than that, like top 25% (A6o).

From an advice standpoint, I'm not an advocate of calling here without a pretty strong hand. Others might be.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:40 PM

I dont see how can a sng go to 200/400 on the bubble is ps stucture that bad?, are ps players that tight? All the freaking time i see hand histories with the blinds 300/600 on 7 handed action, I would rather take some risks 6 handed than 4 handed anyway.