Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 05:33 PM

Default Re: Neverwin at featured table

[ QUOTE ]
Wow. Doyle's got his own site and can do what he wants, but I'm surprised Ultimate Bet cleared Annie and Phil to play at a competing site's event.

[/ QUOTE ]

What would you rather have if you were a Full Tilt competitor A TV show full of pros all wearing some other sites gear, or a TV show full of pros and some of the pros are wearing your sites gear? It's a win-win for both sides.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:34 PM

Default Re: Boyd eliminated

I don't get when it became bad poker to let your opponent see a flop. Presumably, if an ace flops, the guy is going to avoid going broke. The large majority of the time, the guy is going to win an extra 50k; only in rare cases will he lose an extra 250k by letting Greg see the flop. Even in the actual hand, Greg got a great flop and was only even money.

You have to look at these situations in terms of implied odds. If the guy had another 500k behind, yeah it would have been too small a raise. In the actual situation, where he left himself just enough for a pot-sized bet on the flop, it seems pretty reasonable to me.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:34 PM

Hua and Ivey

CK Hua makes it $22,000 to go. It's called by the player in seat #3 and Phil Ivey. The flop comes Qh-7s-5d. Hua bets out $55,000, and Ivey is the only caller. The turn is the 3d. Hua bets out $90,000 this time and Ivey calls again. The river is 4s. Both players check. Ivey shows Q-J. Hua mucks, and Ivey wins a $300,000+ pot.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:35 PM

Default Greg\'s experience

I gotta wonder how much it must help that Greg Raymer has this exact same experience last year. While I have do doubt that players like Lederer and Ivey have more overall big tournament experience, I contend that playing in the WSOP ME is nothing like any other tournament. No other tournament has ESPN filming every second, the amount of media credentials, the number of spectators, etc. Only Greg has ever played in crunch time for $5 million. Not to mention that Greg was the big stack last time. I bet Greg has a huge advantage on the field, beyond his big stack and relative skill level.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seat 6: Andrew Black - $251,000

sadly, this tool is still in:

[/ QUOTE ]

Marcel Luske groupie?
Old 07-12-2005, 05:37 PM

i seriously hope it gets down to neverwin and raymer

cuz it'll be a flame war on both sites
Old 07-12-2005, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get when it became bad poker to let your opponent see a flop. Presumably, if an ace flops, the guy is going to avoid going broke. The large majority of the time, the guy is going to win an extra 50k; only in rare cases will he lose an extra 250k by letting Greg see the flop. Even in the actual hand, Greg got a great flop and was only even money.

[/ QUOTE ]
It was a mistake because he allowed Greg to not make a mistake by calling. Greg would have called that bet even if the guy flipped his KK up on the table. He violated the Fundamental Theorem of Poker -- anytime your opponent plays the same as he would if he could see your cards, he gains and you lose.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:42 PM

Best hand of the day and nobody posts it...

Cliff Cantor: Out With a Bang ($46,245)
Log: What does a bad beat sound like? Cliff Cantor is all in, and when the river card falls, he lets out the F-Bomb loud enough for the entire tournament area to hear. Since he is eliminated on the hand, the ten-minute penalty is pretty irrelevant. Cliff Cantor is eliminated somewhere between 150-160, earning $46,245.

I would have dropped about 10 f-bombs and then lit up a cigarette (and joint), popped on my headphones and start yelling 'partypoker.com'

THATS a bang.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is $50,000 extra in chips worth risking the $150,000 dollars in the pot after your reraise and the $200,000 in your remaining stack that you will have to put in on a continuation bet. Not to mention it's your tourney life on the line....

He was far better off pushing and hoping that Greg reads him for making a play with AK or a small pocket pair and is actually holding QQ or AK.

He defined his hand and priced in Greg for a chance to crack it. He got what he asked for...

Risking 350,000 to win an extra 50,000... Not smart!

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that really what he did?

First, you're assuming he never gets to double through Greg, he can lose his whole stack but never ever win any more of Greg's money. That's hard to argue in light of the actual hand where it was even money on the flop. Or if the flop is T high, does Greg fold to the continuation bet?

Also, if the flop has an ace, the guy may not plan on going broke. If true, this would make the number of flops where he loses his whole stack relatively low.

It's not so easy for Greg to flop a big hand here. If the amount of the raise is wrong, it's not wrong by a lot.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Beevers and Plastik out

Apparently, K9 vs. TT is now considered a race:

[ QUOTE ]
ESPN Featured Table Update: Joe Beevers Eliminated ($46,245)
Log: Joe Beevers is all in preflop with Kh-9h, up against Joseph Chiosie's pocket tens (10h-10d). It's a race situation as the flop comes Ad-Jh-10d, and Chiosie flops a set to take a strong lead. However, Beevers has a gut-shot straight draw, and he can catch a queen or to stay alive. The turn card pairs the board with the Ah, making a full house for Chiosie that has Beevers drawing dead. (The meaningless river card is the 3c.)

Joe Beevers is eliminated around 150th place, earning $46,245.

[/ QUOTE ]