Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Last one for the day: AKs: gaybet by donkey

SB-Villian is a donkey who seems to enjoy making my life miserable. Never played with him before, and does not seem to do [censored] like this to other people. I believe he was sent by the poker gods to make my life a living hell and make me doubt my abilities. In other words this donkey owns me. Anyway he is 40/5/1.2.

I am in EP w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

PF: I raise, SB calls

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5SB)

SB bets, I...
Old 05-06-2005, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Last one for the day: AKs: gaybet by donkey

Raise.

If 3-bet, see the turn.
If called, you can check behind on the turn or bet, depending on the card and your read of the opponent. (If bet into again unimproved, it looks like a fold.)

My guess is that the donkey has some sort of hand, but it may be weak. It might just be my experience, but it seems like top pair, bad kicker is prime candidate for this type of nonsense. So he's probably not folding, and your ace high probably won't win. Your outs look clean. To me, this means that if you're gonna play, raising for a free card is the way to go.

-Grendel
Old 05-06-2005, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Last one for the day: AKs: gaybet by donkey

I think you need to forget about this player having your number. Play your hands against him like you would normally do against someone of his caliber. In this case you still have a good hand heads up against this guy. The question you need to answer here is how this player typically bets. Would he lead at a pot without a made hand of some sort? If the answer is probably not then you're going to have to lay it down. If he's capable of just betting at pots or likes to bluff then it's a call or maybe even a raise, depending on how certain you are that this is what he may be up to.

KC
kingcobrapoker.com