Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2005, 04:09 AM

Default 75o early in a Step 4

2-table Party Step 4. 18 left. Blinds 10/20.

3 folds, MP limps, fold, CO limps, fold, I complete the SB with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], BB checks. Everyone still around 1000 except MP who has 2000+.

(Pot=100) Flop: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Check, check, MP big stack bets 55, CO calls, I raise to 210, BB calls, others fold.

(Pot=530) Turn: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Check, check.

River: T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Check, check.

Comments on all streets appreciated.

Later,
Che

BTW is this the right forum for Step posts? Or should I return to the multitable forum where I normally reside? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-04-2005, 09:32 AM

Default Re: 75o early in a Step 4

Bet that flop don't check it, IMO. You're on a semi bluff, with a flush draw on the board, and likely overcards against you that you don't want drawing for free, and you do actually have top pair so you should protect it somewhat...

I don't like the check raise.

On the turn I now like a check raise, if it goes check check then that's fine since you have some pretty decent outs and the BB is letting you draw to them. I think he has you on an overpair - 88-JJ.

River I would check call a decent bet and ecpext to win against A6-A9 or the like.

jon
Old 01-04-2005, 11:18 AM

Default Re: 75o early in a Step 4

BB checked then cold called your check/raise??

Get thee to the river cheaply.

Good line, no sense betting when a raise will make you puke.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 01-04-2005, 05:05 PM

Default RESULTS

I didn't want to get all-in on this flop, and I figured I would probably be raised off of my hand by a lot of hands that were not beating me if I bet out so I decided to check-raise. (In less aggressive games, I would probably bet out BTW.)

If someone bets and then pushes over my check-raise, I can safely fold. If they're betting with nothing, they will fold. Marginal hands will probably just call so I get at least one free shot at my straight.

Perhaps check-calling would have been better, but these Step 4's have gotten super-tight so I figured I would probably take it down often enough with the check-raise (or a turned straight) to make the check-raise best.

When BB check-called my check-raise, I was done with the hand without a flush-free straight (or the runner-runner boat, of course). Note: I would call an odds-friendly turn bet or a small river bet so I guess I wasn't completely "done".

Anyway, the BB had 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] so we chopped. Could have been big trouble if a non- [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] straight card came on the turn as he would have been freerolling the flush on the river. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Thoughts?