Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2005, 07:13 AM

Default KQ late in tourneys..

These hands are both from ladbrokes $10+1 tourney with 100 of 577 players left, 40 get prizes.

First hand im deal KQs utg and miniraise to 1200 with blinds of 300/600 - no ante. Both blinds are tight with little smaller then my stack. My stack in this point is about 4400.. norma-tight player from MP goes allin for 5000 and is called by 1000 stack.. Easy fold here? With about 10000 this would be easy fold.. and with 1000000 or 2000 easy call. Now if fold i have 3200 left which is only slightly over 5bb and blinds coming next hand.

I folded the first hand and now im down to 3200 after stealing once blinds with 98s from button-1 now im in MP and its folded to me and i get KQo, blinds just went up to 400/800 - no ante. SB have 4000 chips after blind and BB 2900 after blind. And they both seems to be normal-tight, push here or wait for better chance?
Old 01-02-2005, 07:28 AM

Default Re: KQ late in tourneys..

In a full game I'd throw away KQ unless I was down to about 5XBB. And then I would push. I would never mini-raise as it can lead to way too much action than the hand can handle. Easy fold on the re-raise because you shouldn't have been there to begin with (IMHO).

Second hand, I push because you're now so shortstacked that you've got to take some chances.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:04 AM

First hand - no no, let 'em battle it out.
Second hand - PUSH, you're being blinded off else, gotta take a chance here.
Old 01-02-2005, 12:37 PM

When you were min raising, what were you thinking? "I've got a hand I don't know what to do with, I have no information on anyone and a small stack... so I'll min raise"?

It is probably the worst possible thing you could have done. Here I fold this every time. This hand can't stand a raise and doesn't play well out of postion, especially when your chips are as precious as they were.

In hand 2, I agree with the others, push and if called hope it's a coinflop or AX.

Jon
Old 01-02-2005, 04:52 PM

essentially you are getting about 6-4 on your call. but you have to beat two players to get those odds fully since you still have the side pot. you are a dog to most hands you will face here, so i think it is very tough to call here, plus if your opponents have high cards your hand may not be live and you could be dominated.

second hand easy push.

Pat