Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-27-2005, 03:32 AM

Default Interesting QQ overpair hand - play along

I've only been at the table for one orbit.

Reads: (UTG+1) So far I have a slight read on UTG+1. He's VERY loose. I think at that point he'd played every pot, and I saw him stack some guys over pair a couple of hands ago by playing T4o OOP to a raise and turning two pair. After a few more orbits, I have a MUCH better read on this guy, but I didn't know all of that when this hand was played so I'm refraiing from adding more.

Reads: (BB) I have a little bit of past experience with BB. He's not very good, but not completely unreasonable. He plays way too passively after the flop, so it's always hard to know if you're ahead or behind. He plays some hands OOP that he shouldn't (his VP$IP is 25%).

PokerRoom No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB ($189.70)
UTG ($88.50)
<font color="#C00000">UTG+1 ($257.25)</font>
UTG+2 ($53.50)
MP1 ($37.10)
MP2 ($31.00)
MP3 ($67.50)
CO ($27.00)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($97.00)</font>
SB ($93.00)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $1, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $3, UTG+1 calls $3.

Flop: ($12.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, BB calls $10, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to $20</font>, Hero calls $10, BB calls $10.

Not sure what the f*#$ the flop check-mini raise is here. It could mean anything. It is very plausable he has a 7 though, but he seems bad enough to do this kind of chip spewing with anything.

Turn: ($72.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero??

Ok, stop and go - what do we do here? I have to stick it in or check. I'm either Way ahead or way behind and I have no freaking clue what BB has. Let me know what you're doing and why. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

After some responses, I'll add what I did and explain why.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:47 AM

Default Re: Interesting QQ overpair hand - play along

raise to $5 pf.

on the flop it looks good. Fold to the min-raise.

On the turn once the BB calls the min-raise I'm ready to give up. Given this action I'm guessing someone is on the flush draw and a donk has a 7.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
raise to $5 pf.

On the turn once the BB calls the min-raise I'm ready to give up. Given this action I'm guessing someone is on the flush draw and a donk has a 7.

[/ QUOTE ]

The table had been fairly tight so I'm ok with $4. I wasn't expecting BB to call, thought for sure I'd get it HU's.

Yeah, I took a while to call the mini-raise. I think I'd agree with you most of the time that a fold on the flop is fine. Something told me that he thought I was bluffing and wanted to take a shot at folding me out, but the mini-raise is ultra weird considering the BB call. But UTG+1 was pretty bad. I mean really bad. Really really... I HIGHLY doubt he considers the action and the people left to act.
I was assuming that either BB flopped it (boat) or had some over pair to the board.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
raise to $5 pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

The table had been fairly tight so I'm ok with $4. I wasn't expecting BB to call, thought for sure I'd get it HU's.

Yeah, I took a while to call the mini-raise. I think I'd agree with you most of the time that a fold on the flop is fine. Something told me that he thought I was bluffing and wanted to take a shot at folding me out, but the mini-raise is ultra weird considering the BB call. But UTG+1 was pretty bad. I mean really bad. Really really...
I was assuming that either BB flopped it (boat) or had some over pair to the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

well you got the extra information by calling the flop min-raise.

i raise more on the flop no so much to protect my hand but for the times I'm ahead and villains fold to the continuation bets.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
raise to $5 pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I took a while to call the mini-raise. I think I'd agree with you most of the time that a fold on the flop is fine. Something told me that he thought I was bluffing and wanted to take a shot at folding me out, but the mini-raise is ultra weird considering the BB call. But UTG+1 was pretty bad. I mean really bad. Really really...

[/ QUOTE ]

well you got the extra information by calling the flop min-raise.

i raise more on the flop no so much to protect my hand but for the times I'm ahead and villains fold to the continuation bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I hear you. If I knew what I knew now, I wold have raised to 5-7 actually. I just wasn't sure how much UTG+1 would call with his crappy limped hand (he'd played every one since I sat down).