Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-21-2005, 03:22 AM

Default pretty simple question

this is a situation i've been coming across as i move up limits and am stealing blinds more often. i'll just have a simple continuation bet on the flop and then catch some kind of draw on the turn. in these spots should i peel or keep betting? here is a situation. let's say opponent has normal lag stats.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero ???
Old 12-21-2005, 03:26 AM

Default Re: pretty simple question

id bet, you ight get him to fold and if he raises its not so bad, you will rivr a royal
Old 12-21-2005, 03:56 AM

I thought the standard was always checking in these situations.

From the "checking with outs section" in HFAP.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:10 AM

basically checking gives him infinte odds to chase what could be a 4 outer. it would be different if you let him call incorectly but just giving him a free card is awful. and, if he raises, its no big deal with tis monster draw. i dont have pokerstove but your equity is fairly high
Old 12-21-2005, 06:43 AM

I always bet the turn in a situation like this, If i got raised i call.
Old 12-21-2005, 06:44 AM

Check behind and then fold to a river bet UI. The king on the flop makes it very hard for villain to peel the flop w/o at least a pair. If the flop were eight high, villain could easily be peeling w/ QT, so betting the turn has a lot more value.

I don't play 10/20 though so I have no idea what typical lags play like at that level.
Old 12-21-2005, 06:55 AM

How many hands can you name that call this flop that hero is ahead of?

Hero has an ace, so that reduces the probability that villain has an overcard draw. Do you think villain calls this flop with QJ?

I think you're getting checkraised here pretty often, and when you're not you are getting called by a better hand. You have way the worst of it on a bet here. Sure you have between 12 and 18 outs, but that still makes you a dog.

I don't really care about giving a non-pair hand infinite odds on 4 outs. 4 outs isn't worth that much in a 3bb pot. We're usually behind and the pot is small. We don't have anything to protect, and buying a free showdown is almost worthless.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:03 AM

I like your new avatar a lot better than your old one.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hero has an ace, so that reduces the probability that villain has an overcard draw. Do you think villain calls this flop with QJ?

I think you're getting checkraised here pretty often, and when you're not you are getting called by a better hand. You have way the worst of it on a bet here. Sure you have between 12 and 18 outs, but that still makes you a dog.

I don't really care about giving a non-pair hand infinite odds on 4 outs. 4 outs isn't worth that much in a 3bb pot. We're usually behind and the pot is small. We don't have anything to protect, and buying a free showdown is almost worthless.

[/ QUOTE ]
omg on a blind steal? you want to check behind and fold to a bet? basically letting villain bluff you out with any 2 cards?? i think this is awful. he will call his BB and call a flop bet automatically with sooooo many hands just waiting to spike a pair or complete his 65 runner runner straight. i think this is an easy bet/call.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
omg on a blind steal? you want to check behind and fold to a bet? basically letting villain bluff you out with any 2 cards?? i think this is awful. he will call his BB and call a flop bet automatically with sooooo many hands just waiting to spike a pair or complete his 65 runner runner straight. i think this is an easy bet/call.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm going to have to agree. i think any lag at 10/20 will bet this river no matter what it is if i check behind on the turn.