Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-23-2005, 07:01 PM

Default Re: Poker: What\'s so difficult about it???

[ QUOTE ]
This is the only statement of yours I really disagree with. I started playing 0.5/1 in October 2004. It's still 2005 and I am now playing 10/20 and 15/30. I still have weaknesses in my game and I will likely stay at these levels for a while to improve my game, but I am now playing in games that, while hardly world class, are substantially more difficult than the games I initially started playing, and I am pretty confident I am at least a marginal winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course their are anomalies for people that are just very gifted at learning this game, and those that run very hot. From the sounds of it, you probably have benefitted from both of those factors. I have played roughly 6 months, and have reached 5/10 and take shots at 10/20 - however, I look at some of the posters that I was playing .5/1 with when I started, and they are playing 1/2 now, or getting beat at 2/4. I still believe for the average person, even if they are serious about learning, it takes quite a lot of time and patience to be able to beat a game where the money is significant.