Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Packers/Vikings

By my standards, this game is about as obvious a no play as there will ever be... can you really make a strong case for either team? I can't.

my prediction= Min. wins 5-2 in overtime.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dome thing is not an urban legend. They stink in domes.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Pack is 5-4 in Domes in the last 4 years - not REALLY stinking I don't think. But you can remember what you want.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:31 PM

Ok so games that are in domes are obviosuly on the road for the Packers and they are 5-4. Does anyone know their record in road games overall in the last 4 years? Because if they are 20-12 on the road in the 4 years then 5-4 wouldn't look as impressive. I doubt however that the Pack was 20-12 on the road the last 4 years probably right around 16-16. I must admit that I didn't think the Packers were over .500 in a dome the last for years. However, they have beaten the Vikes 2 out the last 3 years (Actaulyl I think it might be 3 years in a row) in Minnesota.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Invoking the obvious

[ QUOTE ]
Invoking the obvious Tice rule here. Stay away from both sides.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Vikings are the new Saints. Just stay the [censored] away, there's plenty else to bet on.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also Green Bay has been a weak road team the last couple years while Minnesota has been a strong home team the last couple of years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Green Bay was 6-2 on the road last season and 4-4 the season before.

They are 3-2 in the Metrodome the last five years.

[ QUOTE ]
the D-Line is one of the only parts of the Minnesota team that actaully plays well

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't they just switch to a 3-4 last week because injuries and the slow development of Erasamus James have left them short of enough quality DLs?

Anyway, all that said - I expect a big effort from MN. They usually play their best vs. the Packers and I will put some cash on them at +2.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:46 PM

I'm taking a wild guess and saying you took the "last 4 years" because that's the only time period where their record looks decent in such games? Why not 3 years or 5 years?
OK so they've beaten the Lions the last few years when they were good and Detroit has stunk. They struggled all the time in the 90's when Favre was in his prime and Minn&Det were mediocre. In one of their SB years they lost to a winless Colts team in like Week 10.
I mean, whatever. I like the Vikings in this game for other reasons too. That is all.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:42 PM

The Vikings have scored only 67 points in 5 games. I think the only other offense more inept is Houston.

With everything going on in Min., I would have a hard time putting money down on the Vikings.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:44 PM

Mike Tice is the new Wayne Fontes - that neverending look of "wtf just happened??"

For you younger folks - being the new Wayne Fontes is NOT a good thing.......
Old 10-19-2005, 08:01 PM

Aren't there possible suspensions for the Vikings this week? I thought that had something to do with it. Also, Cullpepper's name is in the mix as well.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Aren't there possible suspensions for the Vikings this week? I thought that had something to do with it. Also, Cullpepper's name is in the mix as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

The owner hinted that he might dole out some suspensions...but there were no signs that it would be this week.