Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2005, 11:24 PM

Default My Picks

$400 Chiefs
$300 49ers
$200 Jets
$100 Cowboys

I haven't put much time in this week, and I have this sinking feeling that I've gone for all the bar stool picks, but anyway, too late to discover what I've done wrong , here goes.

Chiefs -2.5

Simply mind-boggling to me that we're on the right side of giving three here.
On the downside, I don't think it matters much as there will be a zillion points in this game.
I'm a little worried the Chiefs will get 21-0 ahead and the game will slow, otherwise I'd be very interested in the over.
I shall be sticking to my policy of only one pick per game though.

$300 49ers +3

I was always taught to never bet a bad horse to win a bad race, but this is another boggler.
I think I'm on the better side here, I don't think it's close, I do think maybe I'm a BSP.

Jets +7.5

How I hate it when they tempt me with the .5, but c'mon, the Jets might win this bet without actually scoring a point throw in the odds of special teams TD's (They'll get enough punt return chances) and this looks too good to be true.
Again , this really smells BSP like, but oh well.

$100 Cowboys +3

I think Dallas is underrated. I don't mean that they're good, just that they are underrated. I'm not impressed with the Raiders and think that this will be a close match.
I'll have the three and increase my tie record.

Lori
Old 10-02-2005, 12:12 AM

Default My Picks

$400 - Eagles u46
$300 - Packers o43
$200 - 49ers +3
$100 - Giants -3
Old 10-02-2005, 12:36 AM

Default My Picks

$400 - Lions +7
$300 - Falcons -6
$200 - Texans +10
$100 - Jets +7.5

My reason for all picks is because I'm drunk, its late, and my Huskers actually looked competent on offense today.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:10 AM

Default Re: Official Week #4 lines for \"3+1 Challenge\"

400 Raiders
300 Giants
200 Raiders over
100 Lions
Old 10-02-2005, 03:14 AM

Default My picks

49ers 400
Bengals 300
Eagles 200
Patriots 100
Old 10-02-2005, 03:16 AM

400 - giants
300 - Eagles under 46
200 - Raiders
100 - saints
Old 10-02-2005, 03:27 AM

my picks

Buccaneers -7 400
Chiefs - 2 1/2 300
Raiders -3 200
Packers + 8 100
Old 10-02-2005, 04:37 AM

I'm only 4-6-2. And I keep missing the $400 game. So I let my girlfriend pick for me this week. Her analysis is incredibly thorough, as you will see.

My picks are:

$400 49ers +3
$300 Jets +7.5
$200 Falcons -6
$100 Titans +7

Analysis (from my woman, who is awesome):

Okay, so here's the deal. I know next to nothing about football, so I thought maybe I'd try to do some research to make intelligent picks, but then realized I just don't have the time to do enough research to make up for my significant lack of basic knowledge of the game. I tried to think of what in this contest I did know anything about, and came up with the idea to arrange the teams by geographic area. There are 28 teams, representing 27 places, and I have arranged them in order from most-liked to least-liked. Well, mostly. Some of them I have very little knowledge or opinion of, so they got placed further down the list. So here's that list, with commentary:

1. San Fran (49ers) - It's my fave city in the US. It's beautiful and fun, and I've gotten the chance to have two family trips there. It's where my sister and I saw a damn fine-looking transvestite in a museum, and where my dad and I got in trouble for hanging off a cable car, like in the Rice-A-Roni commercials.
2. New York (Giants and Jets) - Everyone loves New York, but I like it primarily for the New York Times.
3. Washington, DC (Redskins) - I have a long tradition of visiting DC with my sister. We sightsee (the same wings of the National Gallery and the National Archives over and over again), shop, eat Indian food, and enjoy our very favorite activity - people watching. DC is the best people-watching I've ever found.
4. Atlanta (Falcons) - It's home to Coca-Cola, which is one of my favorite things, and also home to [MCS], one of my favorite people.
5. Carolina (Panthers) - It's home.
6. Tennessee (Titans) - My favorite cousin lives in Nashville, so I love visiting Tennessee. I'm not sure if it's the state itself, or my cousin, but I do like it a whole lot.
7. Oakland (Raiders) - It's got a killer IKEA.
8. New England (Patriots) - Emerson, Thoreau, Harriet Beecher Stowe, Louisa May Alcott, Mark Twain's cool house. I'm down with New England.
9. Detroit (Lions) - Eminem, 8 Mile Road, and all that [censored], yo.
10. Cincinnati (Bengals) - I had an orange, satin Bengals jacket as a kid, and didn't realize until much later that it was a football team. I just liked it because it was orange satin. Left a soft spot in my heart for the Bengals.
11. St. Louis (Rams) - Love that arch. Love that when I visited when I was fifteen, I saw a man peeing in the street right next to the arch.
12. Buffalo (Bills) - Wings.
13. Dallas (Cowboys) - JR Ewing and I were good friends in the 80's.
14. Indianapolis (Colts) - I liked spelling this one on the proper noun tests in elementary school.
15. Kansas City (Chiefs) - First, it's in two states. Second, it's got a nice airport. That's all I got.
16. Philly (Eagles) - I don't like the city itself, but they do a bang-up job of preserving their history.
17. San Diego (Chargers) - It sure looked pretty from the airplane.
18. Baltimore (Ravens) - It's like Durham, but bigger, so I'm not a fan. BUT I saw Simon & Garfunkel do "America" there last summer, so I can't hate too much.
19. Green Bay (Packers) - I like cheese.
20. Minnesota (Vikings) - Aren't there Lutherans in MN? My grandfather was a Lutheran missionary.
21. Arizona (Cardinals) - I enjoy hot climates.
22. Denver (Broncos) - I met a cute boy from Denver once, but he turned out to be a dud.
23. Seattle (Seahawks) - I'm not a fan of Starbucks land.
24. Houston (Texans) - Their spaghetti highways scare me, as do their hats.
25. Tampa Bay (Buccaneers) - Florida. Yuck.
26. Jacksonville (Jaguars) - See above.
27. New Orleans (Saints) - Hate it. Feel sorry for it, but hate it.

So having said that, and also having said that I took the Redskins, the Saints, and the Panthers out of the running, I took the cities in order. I picked only one team from New York, which was the Jets, because Jason Sehorn's hot. So here we go:

$400 SF
$300 NY Jets
$200 ATL
$100 Tennessee

I left out the Redskins because someone said never to bet on them. I left out Carolina because of the home team thing. And New Orleans is out because it's too emotional right now.

Peace out.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:06 AM

400 Seahawks
300 Cowboys
200 Buccaneers
100 Chiefs
Old 10-02-2005, 09:15 AM

Default My Picks

$400 Lions
$300 Jags
$200 Jets
$100 Chiefs

Is it me or are there just some sucky games/matchups this week?