Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 12:25 AM

Default Re: Working at Coke and drining Pepsi

[ QUOTE ]
He should contact Pepsi maybe for legal support? They'd kill for the publicity.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have a friend who is a truck driver for Pepsi. It is exactly the same way for them. It used to be worse though. Before they didn't want their employees drinking anything but pepsi products whether they were working or not. He told me that a manager saw an employee buying milk at the grocery store and had a talk with him about it. Also, another driver left an empty orange crush can in the truck when he brought it back and ended up getting canned the next day.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:41 AM

Default Re: Working at Coke and drinking Pepsi

[ QUOTE ]
A person should be fired for drinking pepsi, whether they work for coke or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh
Old 10-28-2005, 01:49 AM

Default Re: Working at Coke and drining Pepsi

[ QUOTE ]
It used to be worse though. Before they didn't want their employees drinking anything but pepsi products whether they were working or not. He told me that a manager saw an employee buying milk at the grocery store and had a talk with him about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? The manager didn't want the employee drinking milk? All employees would weigh 300 pounds if this were the case.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
From what I have heard about Coca-Cola about the top managment, the head people of the company. That less than prob 20 people on the planet know the actual secret formula for Coca-Cola. Also that the formula is not even written down, that it has been passed down over the years to the new people in charge of guarding the formula. Anyone know if this is true about Coca-Cola?

[/ QUOTE ]

Snopes

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one who thinks Snopes is somewhat sketchy?

[/ QUOTE ]
I have never heard of Snopes, but this sentence is true:
"Coca-Cola does have a rule about only two executives' being privy to the formula, but each of those men knows how to formulate the syrup independent of the other, not just half of an ingredients list."
Old 10-28-2005, 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
From what I have heard about Coca-Cola about the top managment, the head people of the company. That less than prob 20 people on the planet know the actual secret formula for Coca-Cola. Also that the formula is not even written down, that it has been passed down over the years to the new people in charge of guarding the formula. Anyone know if this is true about Coca-Cola?

[/ QUOTE ]

Snopes

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one who thinks Snopes is somewhat sketchy?

[/ QUOTE ]
I have never heard of Snopes, but this sentence is true:
"Coca-Cola does have a rule about only two executives' being privy to the formula, but each of those men knows how to formulate the syrup independent of the other, not just half of an ingredients list."

[/ QUOTE ]

The original recipe is printed in the book God, Country, and Coca-Cola. It's officialy a "secret" according to Coca Cola policy, but it's known.

Paraphrased from a Coca-Cola exec:
What is anyone gonna do with the formula? If you have the formula, what are you gonna do with it? Make some Coke, then what? Sell it as what? Set up a huge production and distribution system to sell you're knockoff coke, just for no one to buy it because it's exactly the same thing as the brand everyone knows and likes?
Old 10-28-2005, 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

So I have a friend who works at coke and he told me that if he gets caught drinking Pepsi (or any other of cokes competitors). While he is working he would be fired. I’m not sure on how this works but is this legal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Legal and standard. Do you see why? Deangelo Hall learning the hard way that when you represent a product, you must use that product.

MDoranD

[/ QUOTE ]That makes perfect sense that he lost his deal...wtf was he thinking anyways