Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 03:51 PM

Default Aaaaargh! Need vehicle advice

So, my wife couldn't find her wallet this morning. She thinks she left it in the car. I went home at lunch to let the dog out and check in the car. Both passenger doors were unlocked and the wallet was nowhere to be found.

Of course, the doors were unlocked all night, because she brought home a passenger last night who didn't lock the door.

BECAUSE WE HAVE GODDAMN PIECE OF CRAP CARS WITHOUT POWER LOCKS AND NOBODY EVERY [censored] LOCKS THEIR DOORS!

Okay, settle down.

2 things.

1) They probably got her license, debit card, credit cards, maybe some gift cards, etc. She's going to cancel all the cards this afternoon. Is there anything else we should worry about?

2) What the [censored] am I going to do with these retarded cars? Mine's been broken into like 7 times. Hers has been stolen once. I have a 92 Honda Accord and she has a 92 Honda Civic.

Neither car is worth much money... mine might sell for $1,500 if I'm lucky... hers maybe $1,500 to $2,000.

Plan 1: Sell both cars, buy a used SUV and a motorcycle. She takes her bicycle to work a couple days a week, so she can use the SUV as primary. I'll ride the motorbike and/or take the SUV when needed.

Plan 2: Sell her car, keep mine and get a motorcycle. She can drive my car and I'll drive the bike. However, this won't solve the problem of her leaving [censored] in the car to be stolen.

Plan 3: Sell her car, buy her a scooter. Then she can't leave stuff in it.

Having an SUV would be nice as we often haul stuff for our house. It'd also be good to transport our dog. But I also don't want to spend much money.

asdflasdfhlaksdhflkh!!!!! I'm so sick of these non power locking cars!!!!!!
Old 07-05-2005, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Aaaaargh! Need vehicle advice

So, you're going to sell two perfectly decent, reliable cars because your wife can't remember to bring her wallet in the house or lock the doors?

You're gonna feel like a donk when she finds her wallet in the laundry basket and your new SUV breaks down and then rolls over and your insurance only covers like 60% of the replacement cost.

NT
Old 07-05-2005, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your new SUV

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I am at the end of my rope with these cars. I am not exaggerating when I say mine has been broken into 7 times.

Also, it would not be a used SUV. It'd probably be about 10 years old.

Also, her wallet is not in the laundry basket.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:30 PM

Dude.

Its time:

Old 07-05-2005, 04:35 PM

wtf happend to me link

anyways:

Old 07-05-2005, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf happend to me link

anyways:

[/ QUOTE ]

That'd be sweet, but then I'd constantly have terrorists after my plutonium.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:39 PM

You're not having vehicle problems. You're having retarded wife problems. Seriously, if she can't remember to take her wallet/purse out of the car and as a result her stuff's been stolen multiple times it's time to lay down the law with her. Don't let her have credit cards/cash on her. Even a car with power locks require someone to push the lock button.

Now, if you want to get a vehicle with more utility I can totally understand that. I'd suggest looking into getting a pick-up truck for a third vehicle. Keep your two Hondas, and get a two wheel drive, regular cab truck. You can probably find one of these fairly cheap, and then use that for your hauling needs.

Swede
Old 07-05-2005, 04:41 PM

If you don't leave anything worth stealing in your car, they will get broken into far less often.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2) What the [censored] am I going to do with these retarded cars? Mine's been broken into like 7 times. Hers has been stolen once. I have a 92 Honda Accord and she has a 92 Honda Civic.

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of neighborhoods are the cars parked in? If Honda were this easy to steal/break into, I would think it would be a national crisis with so many of these things on the road.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even a car with power locks require someone to push the lock button.

[/ QUOTE ]

She always locks her own door. It's just that passengers are used to power locks and therefore never lock their own doors. I am paranoid so I always remind them. She forgets. And, I don't know of any way to keep her from forgetting important stuff in the car.

Maybe I just sell her car and buy myself something nice. That'll learn her.