Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 11:44 AM

Default Re: Anybody really beating the new Party 30/60?

[ QUOTE ]
You are being results orientated, you had the best hand until the river only cos your opponents had AT and QQ.

There are many other combinations that have you well beat.

How do you realise that both were on draws or worse made hands than yours when every street got capped?

Even LAGs and Maniacs pickup good hands from time to time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously, go back and read the hand again. UTG raised once preflop but wouldn't even cap when it came back to him reraised preflop. And then he proceeded to just call the rest of the way. So you think he has something that beats top pair? And the other guy is a maniac. I've seen him player top pair no kicker (as well as absolutely nothing) exactly the same way.

Anyway, I'm not going to argue with you anymore. If you want to play huge hands softly against a maniac, it's your call.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:44 PM

Been out of touch for a while but can't resist tagging on my own recent results, since the thread has elicited so many others.

There was some serious concern last month that my long miserable break-even stretch at 15/30 suggested that I might be a donkey. (I did, however, get a supportive and encouraging PM or two.)

I've since reached the 18K hand mark with a win rate of 3.61 BB/100 at the 30/60. Somehow it plays much more straightforwardly to me (and also I keep getting dealt the best hand...).

I'll not update again till statistical significance starts to kick in. But had to refute the naysayers.

Will be posting some hands soon, since I'm back online at last.

JimmyV
Old 06-28-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it was 6k hands btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus...james and i used to play together and log similar hours. we'd log about 3k hands/day which was ALOT of poker. i know i was fried and needed to go get a drink after that (4 tabling party and 2 tabling other sites)

6k hands is an effing marathon...nicely done NLsoldier.

-Barron
Old 06-28-2005, 03:29 PM

Default Re: This thread sucks . . .

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sick of this thread, with all the bragging, whining, speculation, and just mindless drivel.

Can't wait 'til they put in private table 30-60, so that I can host my games again and force the big-mouths to put their $ where their mouths are. You boys know the password.

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i'll start it off by saying it is you, TSP, who is doing the sucking [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

oh, btw, hows the practice fitting into your poker time?

-Barron
Old 06-28-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Re: This thread sucks . . .

It sucks. How can I be expected to play poker with you sharks if I have to try cases and deal with unreasonable clients?!

TSP
Old 06-28-2005, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting, if true.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its true.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it was 6k hands btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus...james and i used to play together and log similar hours. we'd log about 3k hands/day which was ALOT of poker. i know i was fried and needed to go get a drink after that (4 tabling party and 2 tabling other sites)

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasnt me, it was my roomate. But I was sitting next to him playing almost the whole time, just not as many tables.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it was 6k hands btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasnt me, it was my roomate. But I was sitting next to him playing almost the whole time, just not as many tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many tables?
Old 06-28-2005, 05:01 PM

I played 30-60 for the first time this past weekend. Small sample size with probably only about 8 hours total over the 3 days...but in many ways, this game seemed to play less aggressively postflop than the 15 games. Of course, I contributed to that impression by the passive way in which I played my turned set in that "strange 44 hand" thread that I started....heh

But there were a healthy dose of donks, fishies, and other poor playing players in these gams. Whew...Good to see...heh
Old 06-28-2005, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it was 6k hands btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was it derb or the other guy?