Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 03:11 PM

Default An annoying QK hand

The preflop raiser is decent, but has a wide range and has been isolating the limper who limps every hand. I didn't want to raise the flop or bet the turn, but i don't know what i am supposed to do differently here?

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (8 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, MP2 calls.

River: (15.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 16.25 BB
Old 11-02-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Re: An annoying QK hand

without reads on MP and CO, your PF play is bad.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:15 PM

3bet preflop if your read is that he's raising light.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The preflop raiser is decent, but has a wide range and has been isolating the limper who limps every hand. I didn't want to raise the flop or bet the turn, but i don't know what i am supposed to do differently here?

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, MP2 calls.

River: (15.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Why call the turn if you plan on folding the river?
Old 11-02-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, which is why i mentioned that the MP was limping every hand and the CO was liberally isolating him [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (like any ace, any pair 44+, any two cards 9 and over) Guess it wasnt clear in the OP. Given that info, what do you think?
Old 11-02-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why call the turn if you plan on folding the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Gutshot.

Also I don't want to come off sounding like a dick, but please don't quote the original post when responding.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, which is why i mentioned that the MP was limping every hand and the CO was liberally isolating him [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (like any ace, any pair 44+, any two cards 9 and over) Guess it wasnt clear in the OP. Given that info, what do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

definitely my fault. I look for the numbers. silly I know.

I still dont like it. but i completely own that lame first post as moranic
Old 11-02-2005, 03:20 PM

IMO this was the first mistake, 3 betting was better here than CC'ing.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:50 PM

Your river fold doesnt make any sense given your preflop action. While I agree that you are usually behind after the turn c/r, KQ, KJ, a tricky 88 are possible (in decending order or likelyhood) enough to make the river call.

I also never call a rasier with KQo preflop. IMO, that is a really bad hand in this situation. I would fold preflop, but call the river.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:04 PM

CO may be "decent" but he's not "super freaking good" based just on his flop play. If he has you beat he should 3 bet there. No way can I fold this river. And yeah I 3 bet preflop.

-DeathDonkey