Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Pick % of the time will a bar w/ fries have mozzarella sticks too?
90 22 10.28%
75 56 26.17%
50 55 25.70%
25 63 29.44%
10 18 8.41%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2005, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Suppose you had a daughter

[ QUOTE ]
"if I had a daughter, I would worry that she would meet someone like me when I was her age (who basically just wants to SIIHP) and thus would sit outside on a porch with a shotgun"

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear this view expressed all the time and I really don't get it. I'm not married and don't have kids so maybe I "just can't understand," but if I had a daughter I wouldn't be deathly afraid of her dating or having sex, as long as I felt she was old enough. Exactly how old that would be, I'm not sure, it would depend on how mature she was, but would def. be while she was in high school.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

(note: I might be able to simplify this problem by using the Chinese methods of abortion...)

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, the Chinese worry me. They're having 12 boys for every 10 girls. In the near future, they're going to be stuck with a ton of pissed off young men with no marriage prospects, with a military and an economy that can start to throw its weight around.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:08 PM

Dum and hot cause she will go further in life....
Old 11-16-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dum and hot cause she will go further in life....

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually on the fence about what to pick. My instincts say go with the smart ugly daughter... but I'm not so sure.

I think dumber / hotter daughter has greater likelihood of living a happier life. I think wanting the smarter uglier daugher might actually be more selfish.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:26 PM

I'll throw this in too. I have 2 girls, and 2 boys. Girls are in high school, boys are in middle school. When the boys fight, one punches the other and the argument is over and they're buddies again. When the girls get pissed at each other, the screaming and yelling can go on for weeks.

On a side note, my son likes to tell my daughters boyfriends that his dad was going to kill the first boyfriend he finds out about, and that word would spread and he wouldn't have to worry about his daughters having boyfriends. I always smile at my daughters boyfriend when he says that. We laugh about it, but I always wonder what the boy thinks about. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2005, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They asked why the men only wanted a son, and I explained it as "if I had a daughter, I would worry that she would meet someone like me when I was her age (who basically just wants to SIIHP) and thus would sit outside on a porch with a shotgun"

The women were somewhat horrified. I'd try my best to intimidate the bejesus out of anyone that dates my daughter while still having a caring, loving, relationship with her. OOT's thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a good strategy if you want to raise a very rebellious daughter who will end up dating exactly the kind of guys you hoped she wouldn't.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From what I know of them and of her comments, Swede is absolutely correct here, and it's not just men that find daughters harder to raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would much rather have sons. Daughters are twice the stress and twice the cost to raise.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:09 PM

[smart/ugly or dumb/hot?]

Smart and ugly. Not as high-maintenance.