Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2005, 07:55 PM

Default Re: Rest of the flop action

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What's my turn plan now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at the card that falls. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, and what do I do depending on what card it is?
Old 05-27-2005, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What's my turn plan now?

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, there's a lot of cards that could suck for you.. Is it possible that one of the villians has an oesd, someone has to have a flush draw. I think you should start going nuts on any non spade card that isn't paint
Old 05-27-2005, 09:38 PM

Default Results

[ QUOTE ]
last hand from the 9/18 Commerce
UTG+2 is laggy, like cold-cap AJo, raise QTo UTG, slows down to aggression postflop
SB is unknown
BB is loose weak preflop (limping AK 3 times so far) but seems ok postflop

I raise J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG+1, UTG+2 3-bets, LP CC, SB semi-CC, BB semi-CC, I cap, all call. (5 for 20SB)

Flop is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB bets, BB raises, getting 23:2 what's my action and plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

So I called 2 cold intending to raise the turn, UTG+2 3-bet, LP folded, SB caps, BB calls, I call. (4 for 18BB)

Turn is A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB checked, BB bet, I folded (which I think is very close and might be bad), UTG+2 raised again, SB called 2 cold, BB called.

River is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

check, check, UTG+2 bet, call, call

UTG+2 has A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB and BB both had unpaired 5's
Old 05-27-2005, 09:49 PM

Default Re: Results

I'm surprised you think folding the turn might be bad. As I said in the previous post, once the flop gets capped it's clear you don't have the best hand and don't have odds to hit the J you need to improve. In these situations one of the blinds has a 5 almost always. Furthermore, the best case scenario is that they are all pumping draws/overcards, one of which will be the nut flush draw, so when the A hits, you know that even if your pair was miraculously the best pair, it sure as hell ain't now. The turn fold is simple.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised you think folding the turn might be bad. As I said in the previous post, once the flop gets capped it's clear you don't have the best hand and don't have odds to hit the J you need to improve. In these situations one of the blinds has a 5 almost always. Furthermore, the best case scenario is that they are all pumping draws/overcards, one of which will be the nut flush draw, so when the A hits, you know that even if your pair was miraculously the best pair, it sure as hell ain't now. The turn fold is simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey joker,

I'm getting 19:1 on my call though so I think it's really close.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:20 PM

You have to think the turn is getting raised behind you a large percentage of the time. You can't think of that call as a pure 19:1. I think the turn fold is pretty clear considering the card and the action. Overall I think you played it exactly the same way I would have, which either says a lot about me or not much about you. Take your pick.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UTG+2 does slow down postflop but that doesn't mean he's going to fold overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he probably does fold overcards, which is exactly why I'm 3-betting here.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
UTG+2 does slow down postflop but that doesn't mean he's going to fold overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he probably does fold overcards, which is exactly why I'm 3-betting here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Nate,

I guess the description of UTG+2 i wrote up isn't a very good one because I'd be very surprised if he folded two overcards here. This guy was getting to the river damn near everytime he was in a hand then folding.

The pot is also huge, he's one of those players who sees a big pot and gets to the river with any kind of hand hoping to spike.