Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2005, 12:43 AM

Default So I\'m the mascot tomorrow for homecoming...

Yep, I'm donning a furry horse costume tomorrow night for a packed high school stadium and I'm going to clown on people, do pushups, heckle the other team and officials, etc. I'm a teacher at this school and I'm amped. This is a childhood dream nearly fulfilled.

So what do you think of this skit my friend and I cooked up?

Pregame: I'm in my costume messing around, joking with people, hugging little kids.

My brother (hereafter known as Grandma) is dressed up as an old lady in a wheelchair, complete with iron-gray bun wig, shawl over her lap, the works.

My friend Adam will push Grandma to a VIP spot on the field behind the players, highly visible to the audience.

Halftime: Adam wheels Grandma back and he and I switch costumes. During this time, the marching band will still be playing. I wheel Grandma back out in front of the stands, back to her VIP spot on the field. She has a big tub of popcorn and a cheerleader's pompom. I stand next to her and occasionally whisper solicitously to her.

The fight song, which is very energizing, begins. Grandma starts rhythmically pumping the pompom. Adam, in the horse outfit starts going wild, moshing, getting totally into it.

Then -- the drum breakdown section of the song kicks in! People are dancing and kids are chanting! The horse half-knocks/half-pushes me down into the muddy grass and keeps going apeshit. The crowd by this point realizes I'm down and then -- THE HORSE KICKS GRANDMA OVER!

He then circles her once, then drapes our school flag over her while putting one foot on her chest triumphantly. Crowd goes wild. We stand up and take a bow.

Whatdya think? Do you have any other ideas for the mascot for the evening?