Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2004, 05:48 PM

Default Re: push on the turn?

Push the turn? Yes, unless you have a strong read on the BB.

Pre-flop....I'd probably raise to 50 or 60. I'd try to buy the button and charge the 1 limper. I have to think that my ATs is better than whatever he's limping with. Your position isn't bad, you have 1900 chips and ATs....I think folding is a mistake and calling is weak.

Whatever, you called. On the flop, the BB overbets the pot. This is very odd. He also has the only stack that can hurt you. Assuming he's a "typical" player (a big assumption with that bet), I think your raise is a mistake. Folding is reasonable, but I'd probably call since you can afford it and I doubt he would overbet if he had a monster.

After your raise, the pot is 875 and he has only 1020 left. Now any bet by you, and you are likely going to war for his whole stack. This greatly limits your options.

If you had called, the pot is 375 and you don't have to play the mutual destruction game on the turn/river. I'd guess he would check on the turn....either because he's on a draw, is afraid your big stack is trapping him, or because he's trapping you. In any case, I bet 200 if he checks, fold to a raise, and check behind on the river unless you make your flush.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, if you get bet at twice like that twice the flop and then a flop size bet, when you have TPTK, what do you put the BB on?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's a LAG you would know that by now because he's doubled through and you've checked the hand history.

If you give him some credit, there's exactly three hands that he bets like this on this flop that you like - KT-JT (and AT). Everything else (JJ, A5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 65, 87 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], etc) has you beat, some by a long shot.

Given the river bet, I'm pretty sure he lost this hand (80% sure he was behind on the flop, the rest is QT) and it starts with the flop play.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:05 PM

Level 1 in the wildwest $10 +1 on Party ( which is where I play) I am most likely not playing A 10s unless I am near the button and even then very rarely. When I do play hands like this I am looking to flop something solid like two pair or flush draw, which I will then play strong.
If I get doubled up early I will usually get even tighter until the blinds go up, playing only premium hands and unless pp limped for set value, I will come in as the aggressor with a raise of at least 3-4xbb
I wont play it from MP because it is a hand that I cant take any heat with and it is me with the tough decision rather than me putting others to those decisions.