Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-06-2005, 09:24 PM

Default Anyone have a PSP?

Just got one.

what are the important accessories?

what is the point of a multi gig memory card?
Old 11-06-2005, 09:28 PM

Default Re: Anyone have a PSP?

i actually just bought a 1 gig card today.

i'd buy a case if you are really anal about scratches, and there's one with speakers that id get if you plan on watching movies on it.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:39 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

an important accessory would be another gaming system that actually has original games you want to play.

barring that, blow a bunch of money on proprietary data storage and/or umd disks in an effort to give meaning to your purchase.

enjoy!
Old 11-06-2005, 09:39 PM

wife got me the speakers

and a case i believe

wasn't sure what else was needed...and if the bigger memory cards were a must have
Old 11-06-2005, 10:29 PM

I still have original memory card because I don't care for listening to music, just for saving games.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
an important accessory would be another gaming system that actually has original games you want to play.

barring that, blow a bunch of money on proprietary data storage and/or umd disks in an effort to give meaning to your purchase.

enjoy!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree with this.

My two little nephews(13 and 12) both bought a PSP and DS. Well one hasnt touched his PSP since he bought it and the other one used to use it as an ipod for a while, but wouldnt actually play any games for it.

Both are thinking about selling it as they have never actually played any games on it after the first month, one bought a racing game and the other a fighting game, but nothing new has come out that doesnt suck. Also the games they bought are crap as well.

Very disappointed with this system because I really wanted to buy one, but there is nothing that is worth playing that has been released for it.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:47 PM

There's only two reasons to own a PSP:

1) Emulators
2) Movies (*not* UMDs!)
Old 11-07-2005, 12:07 AM

As mentioned, homebrew software is the best reason to get a PSP. On mine, I have about 900 NES games, and some 200 SNES games, plus a bunch of genesis and other random games.

Buying UMD movies is ridiculously overpriced, and as mentioned, is totally proprietary (and sony has stated that they will not release blank UMD disks).

With a 2GB card you can also download PSP games and put them on the card, but that's illegal piracy.

Also, you can download movies for PSP (a lot of them from newsgroups, I'm sure there's other places) and those are usually about a half-gig each or so for decent quality rips.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:23 AM

I actually think the PSP has a decent lineup of games. The 1gig memory cards make it an excellent portable video player.

I am still trying to get my the ghettotastic way. With one of the referral sites similar to what they do with the free ipods.

Throwing down $250 for the unit then another $100 for accessories/games is a lot of cash.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:01 AM

well, apparently over at psp-hacks they have a way of obtaining one for like $60. Check it out here:

http://www.psp-hacks.com/free-psp.php

I dunno, seems pretty decent but I'd probably screw up one of the offers and end up paying more.