Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2005, 09:10 AM

Default 16000 players

About a month ago I switched from the mirco limit ring games to the micro SNGs.

I've read tons of posts here and have learned lots and lots. You are all great.

But one thing which annoys me more than anything is the lack of understanding of how different it is for us European players to take on Party when America is sleeping. I see it time and again "it doesn't matter what time you play the 10+1s they are still full of terrible players". This just is not true. People will not call all-ins with AXs & worse preflop, people will not call to the river with middle pair, people will not just give you their stack. It is a completely different game.

I'm not saying the players are especially good, but they are probably 5 times better than the average Party monkey you guys get to play against every day.

The other night I stayed up until 1am, which was 8pm ET and there were just over 50000 people on Party. The difference between the play was incredible, what you read on this forum again and again was there too see, I can only salivate at what its like a few hours later when the rest of America joins in.

This morning I opened up Party and there were less than 15000 people playing, it took well over a minute to fill a 10+1 table, at level 4 there was still a full ring of players.

I really dont know why I'm posting this, but if you do read it and are one of the people who slate the level of players not on your timezone, please just get up super early one day and see for yourself what its like playing when there are less than 20k people logged on. I'm sure you will change your opinion.

I guess I'm just insanely jelous [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]