Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2004, 11:00 PM

Default When will the other shoe drop ???

I'll apologize in advance starting so many threads on related subjects lately ... but right now I'm filled with excitement and questions about what lies ahead for me ...

Lately I've felt like, although there is still a world of things I've yet to learn, my game has really "come together."

As stated before, I've been on a winning streak as of late. Since getting my tracker, I have 11,826 hands at $2/$4 with a win rate of 4.91 BB/100, and an additional 3,845 hands at $1/$2 with a win rate of 4.03. I've gone through some ups (AND DOWNS) throughout, but generally upwards.

Now, the sample size is rather small, but on another thread it was stated that with 10,000 hands, a win rate can be calculated with a standard deviation of 1 BB/100. If that is true, then there's a 95% chance my win rate falls between 3-7 BB/100 at $2/$4. (I am completely aware that anything even near or over 5 BB/100 is unsustainable).

I guess what I'm wondering is:

Is this some astromonical streak I've been on, and the other shoe will soon drop? Or, is it likely that I am a truly 'crushing' these games and should soon think about moving up levels?

If the latter is the case, I once again pose my question from another thread: How much should I expect a decrease in win rate moving to say, $3/$6? (taking into consideration the UNIQUE circumstances that surround the $2/$4 level: namely that there are no 6 max tables at that level, and there are SO MANY fish at that level).

Thanks!
Adam
P.S. Please don't kill this thread by saying, "Use the search function." I feel I am asking something rather specific here.