Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 07:31 PM

Default Can I Check Raise Three Times?

My thinking during the hand was that UTG+1 was not showing any aggression the way he was betting, one at a time. However, as I pondered it just now I realize that UTG+1 was being as aggressive as possible, given that we were HU and I was SB.

The only read I had was a winning hand w/KK on a paired board. I think if I 2 bet PF it wouldn't allowed me to c/r twice. Your thoughts please.

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5.40 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (6.70 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+2 calls.

River: (13.70 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 13.70 BB
Old 12-22-2005, 07:37 PM

Default Re: Can I Check Raise Three Times?

[ QUOTE ]
I think if I 2 bet PF it wouldn't allowed me to c/r twice. Your thoughts please.[/b]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you were planning on c/ring twice before you saw the board? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm 3-betting this almost every time preflop. As you played it, though, you should probably bet on the turn. A scared AK, AJ, or AT is either checking behind (unlikely), or just calling your turn C/R after your flop cap. You'll have a much better chance of getting 3 bets out of him on the turn by going bet-raise-3bet-call.

A worthy attempt at the glorious trifecta though.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:54 PM

I hope you were at least playing the bad-beat jackpot tables when your quad queens lost to quad aces.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope you were at least playing the bad-beat jackpot tables when your quad queens lost to quad aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want a screenshot of this soooooo bad.

Edit: why the hell didn't you 3-bet preflop
Old 12-22-2005, 07:58 PM

I think the turn c/r is a bit silly, doesn't really accomplish anything.

Also why not 3bet PF?
Old 12-22-2005, 08:05 PM

Hey Al,

First, you've gotta raise this preflop. You've got a premium pair. If you'd raised preflop there'd be no reason to c/r on the flop. When you cap the flop, there's no need to c/r the turn. On the river, just bet out. The only hand that beats you is Aces, and if he has that, you're paying him off every time.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:23 PM

*grunch*

3-bet PF. On the river I would just bet out...the last thing I want is him checking through on this river. Assuming he just filled up, he will still raise.

The problem with you not raising here PF is that there is no way to tell if he might have Aces. Raising PF gives you a little more info.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:00 PM

* Grunch *

Why? He hasn't stopped betting yet, he's 3 bet it on the flop and the turn, I'm guessing he'll raise and cap on the turn so I lead out.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:31 PM

3bet preflop.
bet/3bet flop.
bet/3bet turn.
bet/3bet river.

The quadrecta.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you were planning on c/ring twice before you saw the board? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]b

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought if I raised the flop he would run. I should know better, they don't run in micro limits regardless of their hand. lol