Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which food creation is better The Pizza or the Sandwhich?
Sandwhich 95 59.01%
Pizza 66 40.99%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2005, 12:09 AM

Default Who folds this river? (possibly inane content, but I do have a poll)

Assume villian is an unknown. Stars $11 MTT.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP2 (t5260)
MP3 (t960)
CO (t3870)
Button (t2100)
SB (t2820)
BB (t2285)
UTG (t2230)
Hero (t3405)
MP1 (t790)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t150</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB calls t125, BB calls t100.

Flop: (t450) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t250</font>, SB calls t250, BB calls t250.

Turn: (t1200) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t800</font>, SB calls t800, BB folds.

River: (t2800) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t1620 (All-In)</font>, Hero..?
Old 12-10-2005, 12:28 AM

Default Re: Who folds this river? (possibly inane content, but I do have a poll)

You are losing to the follwing hands
Flush (not of the crazy backdoor variety at all)
JT
KK
Yeah i call
Old 12-10-2005, 12:31 AM

Default Re: Who folds this river? (possibly inane content, but I do have a poll)

[ QUOTE ]

Some crazy backdoor flush

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's a normal flush draw that got there.

I'm not happy about, but I probably grit my teeth and call. I expect to lose. Absent a read, I couldn't really fault somebody for folding here.
Old 12-10-2005, 01:36 AM

i call pretty quick.

But i never make good folds.
Old 12-10-2005, 01:46 AM

Default Re: Who folds this river? (possibly inane content, but I do have a pol

I was the donkey that said instafold, because I thought I saw four diamonds. Three diamonds I instacall.
Old 12-10-2005, 01:47 AM

I call too, he could have made his flush, the betting pattern says he does (check- incorrect call, check-incorrect call, eureka! I hit it!).. I can't lay this down though, you have a little less than 3:1 odds to call, that's pretty huge, and you're probably ahead more than 30% of the time.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:55 AM

I bet he has K-x of diamonds. I still call though.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:39 AM

Folding this is beyond horrible. I insta call.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:00 AM

For the guy saying the flop and turn are incorrect calls- If your gonna call the all in river, both are correct calls. This is one reason why the turn bet would be incorrect. If you plan on calling the river when the flush hits, you can't pot the turn. I would either push, or check behind.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:33 AM

That's hellaweaktight thinking. Your goal in this hand is to extract as much value with your set as you can. You don't do that by shutting everyone out by pushing the turn and you certainly don't do that by checking and not charging any of the draws. You can't be so concerned with implied odd that you go all-in trying to make it clearly wrong for people to chase their draws. You want players to make that call with their flush draw on the turn because you win chips the majority of the time. You also have to remember that you don't know this guy has a flush draw on the turn and you want him to call with other hands that are drawing completely dead against your set.

Villain's call on the turn is also clearly wrong because he doesn't know if your hand is strong enough that you'll call an all-in on the river. It just happens that this time you've got a hand that's unfoldable.

You call the river because 2 pair, a smaller set, an overpair, and complete bluffs may also push here.

OP played the hand appropriately and lost his stack. That's poker.