Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 03:08 PM

Default A double post in this post (triple post?)

I know we are usually supposed to raise any 2 when we post from the CO, but what happens when we add in another post, and some dead money?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $15. Hero posts a blind of $10.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP folds.

Flop: (8 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...
Old 12-07-2005, 03:54 PM

Default Re: A double post in this post (triple post?)

wow. I hate it when people write short, curt posts, but I really just don't like this at all. offsuit 3 gapper? 2 overcards? four opponents? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow. I hate it when people write short, curt posts, but I really just don't like this at all. offsuit 3 gapper? 2 overcards? four opponents? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you not like preflop, postflop, or both? As for post flop, I have 2 opponents, one of them already checked, and both could easily be scared of the A and K and fold. The pot already has 8 SB, so they both have to fold 1 in 9 times. Do you not think this will happen?
Old 12-07-2005, 04:13 PM

I can't read. I just couldn't imagine someone would fold in the 10/20 getting 8-1. I can't count either.

Basically I feel like you're pushing too hard. PF is shaky because of the tremendous odds everyone else is going to get. You're positioning yourself to play a large pot with a terrible holding.

Once you're on the flop, right, they only need to fold 1/9 times, but given that a) people pair up 1/3 of the time on the flop b) they might already have a pair) and C) people never fold, I think you're getting looked up a lot here. While C is facetious, people looove calling in this game, and they might "accidentally" outrun you with a gutshot.

It all adds up to too many chips, not enough hand for me.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:15 PM

I check preflop unless blinds are not average.

I bet this flop. I don't expect to win.

Krishan
Old 12-07-2005, 05:00 PM

What do you guys think about posting in the first place? The first poster does make this more attractive, but I would still think it would have to be a pretty good table for this to +EV, unless it's for metagame considerations.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:06 PM

I don't post, I don't raise this post, but after all that, the flop bets probably correct.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:16 PM

I habitually raise this too. The odds of being HU or 3 handed and in position with that much dead money is nice.

The fact the button called screwed you though. I bet the flop just on a prayer and then give up afterwards. Unless the button folds to the flop bet and you're HU in which case I probably fire again because it's a 5.5BB pot against a BB who has only called.

And I simply don't post in the CO 6-handed. 10-handed it doesn't matter or can be slightly +EV. 5/6-handed I'd rather just wait 2 or 3 more hands and post normally.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:17 PM

Assuming you get to play your MP and UTG hands, posting from the CO is EV+. Its been discussed a few times. Search for it, if you can't find it, I will try.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:38 PM

I don't like it because of the post. I know that I just don't give a CO raiser credit for anything after they post. The raise anytime you post line has become too common.

If we look at the action without the posters it changes everything. So if MP limps, CO raises and the blinds call I am throwing away something like 56 or 44 from the blinds. With a poster I consider raising you.