Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-13-2005, 03:55 PM

Default Re: quasi-deep AA hand

this would be a very strange line for QQ/KK, starting with the limp-call preflop.

it would be a pretty tricky way to play a flush draw. i figure you have to get outplayed by some particular hand on any line you take, so i'd like my chink in the armor to be a line that villain will rarely take.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is the objective of trapping some one not to let them get scared untill you you have made the most profite out of the situation?i mean how are you suppose to tell a trap if you dont get scared when the other guy has not given you something to be scared about?

[/ QUOTE ]

By your reasoning everytime someone checks I'm being trapped.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 12-13-2005, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if he c/r's the turn, i have to fold, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually.

This hand makes me want c/r my draws on the turn instead of 3 betting them on the flop. Looks stronger.

I love his blocking bet. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

nh.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 12-13-2005, 04:28 PM

you've never limp called preflop. opponents did this to me twice last night (once in a 9 player STT, with AA, and the other in the stars 45k, with KK). I almost never limp my monster starting hands, because i hate getting outflopped by the 34o limper and I like to have money going in the pot while i am still favorite. I agree that this line is unusual or tricky for KK or QQ, but playing a flush draw this way from someone who you do not have a read on has become too standard in online play. Now that you show his hand, he really donked this up, I make a note on him being a calling station fish.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No reason to think you are behind, although I hate the board pairing.

I think getting value for you hand is more important than keeping the pot small here.

If he c/r, you probably have to let it go, but I continue with the assumption that I'm in the lead.

You could check behind an hopefully induce a bluff when ahead, but giving the free card to beat you is a catastrophy, and he hasn't shown to be on anything but a draw yet.

I bet for value.

Regards,
Woodguy

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, although i think the board pairing helps your hand rather than hurts it. how many hands with a 7 in it are gonna be in this hand. 67s, 78s. The 7 makes it less likely that those are held.
I completely agree though... I dont ever give someone credit for a hand (set, etc.) unless they convince me. esp. online.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I don't think it accomplishes anything a blocking bet is designed for, and it's not nearly large enough for a bluff. It looks to me like Villain just threw away an extra 160.

Edit: On second look, the pot isn't as large as I thought on the river, so the bet may have some tiny FE, but I still don't like it.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I don't think it accomplishes anything a blocking bet is designed for, and it's not nearly large enough for a bluff. It looks to me like Villain just threw away an extra 160.

[/ QUOTE ] You need to recharge your sarcasm detector. I think the batteries are dead.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You need to recharge your sarcasm detector. I think the batteries are dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 12-13-2005, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

if he c/r's the turn, i have to fold, right? what if he min c/r's the turn? i certainly can't call hoping to improve.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not convinced. If he c/r's the turn, I think that can very well be a combination draw - J and flush draw, the flush and gutshot he showed you. I don't think 55 or JJ is going to go slowly on a board this flushy, which means the only thing you need to be afraid of is a 7, which is pretty unlikely given how the action unfolded.

I'd call the c/r, not hoping to improve but thinking my hand was often good. I also think that many opponents can c/r you on the turn and then check the river, even if their draw hits.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:46 PM

I would never fold to a turn c/r. People do stupid things w/ top pair, even in a $100 UB tourney w/ deeper stacks and decent players. There's also two flush draws on board. Also, since their are "better" players there are trickier players who may think they can semibluff the turn and push you off a better hand.