Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 03:47 AM

Default Picking your spots

One thing I've tried to get better at is bluffing and when to "pick your spots"

6 handed 15/30 Reads on villains:

MP is AWFUL, I've seen him call down 9 high after he bet out and got raised on a river bluff. (61/1/.5 after 347)

BB is loose PF aggro post. He is somehow winning with 43/5/2.2 - if he figured out what to do pf im sure he'd be a bigger winner

MP limps and I raise K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on button. BB comes along and we see a flop.

Flop AA2, 1 spade.

BB bets out, MP folds and I call w/intentions of raising any turn.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:03 AM

Default Re: Picking your spots

I don't like it. Don't you think BB has at least a 2? He's bad so he'll probably get to SD w/it too. They never fold!
Old 12-12-2005, 05:05 AM

I think it could at least be an option to mix in for this situation. From alot of LAGplayers you will see high cards a decent amount of time here and his AF numbers along with you thinking he is a winning player could get you a little fold equity against better hands (other K's, maybe twos or pocket pairs if another overcard is on the turn. and your line leaves you very little chance to get played back at by worse hands as it seems very cookie cutter trips on your part. Taking a look at WTSD would be a good idea as well as any times you've seen him slowplay or fastplay strong to very strong hands. Some Aggs would lead this over 80% of the time with trips while others would almost always slowplay.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:16 AM

i like limping preflop here if the BB is as loose as your stats suggest. hes not going anywhere. by raising you dont know where the passive limper stands postflop. youll end up betting his pairs for him. by limping instead, when he bets out you know when to get away. it keeps his actions pure. you also dont have any folding equity by raising K6s preflop because ace high hands are calling you down.

fold the flop postflop. if BB is good like you think he is he knows youre isolating the fish but he still isnt making this donk with nothing. hell often have an ace and is worried that he cant checkraise the flop because he doesnt want to lose the fish so he leads instead.

btw hes not winning with those stats. hes a losing player. your sample size is way too small i dont care if its over 100k hands even.