Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Snakes on a Plane

Your name is so damn literal. This is awesome.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:36 AM

For those that don't have MS Office, you can get a great spreadsheet program in Open Office. It does practically everything Excel does and is free. It also reads Excel files.

Yes, spreadsheets are not just for making hand charts! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2005, 03:56 AM

i prefer a flop bet here...let UTG blow other dude away.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
betting the flop is a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

i couldn't disagree more.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i prefer a flop bet here...let UTG blow other dude away.

[/ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately, I don't have powers to make other people raise. The best chance of getting two bets in on this flop is by check-raising. The guy has a 24 pfr and opened in the cutoff. His hand range here is very wide and most of his hands are not raising this flop. He can have a hand like K6s here that is way behind and will give up if I bet, but will mistakenly (given my hand) bet if checked to.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:11 AM

if i was a really good player i would fold.
since this is 2p2 and i like to pretend i am such i say fold . hahaha.

fwiw, these decisions are very easy live.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know how to use Excel

[/ QUOTE ]

wow. I might have to give you some nerdy excel lessons. people that don't use it have no idea the breadth of tools excel offers and how easy it all is. I seriously use excel for everything

[/ QUOTE ]

Im a total Excel n00b to. Anyway u can post the document (what are they called in excell, projects...etc? I have no idea)...anyway, if u can post the document u use somewhere. I usuall end up doing that whole process by hand if I really want to get into situations. Can be pretty cumbersome, be nice to cut some steps.

[/ QUOTE ]

if someone reminds me before friday I'll try to set up a simple excel EV thing on my flight or at least do one and outline how I did it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you still willing to do this? If you have time, that would be great. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-- Kevin
Old 11-15-2005, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
oops. i have no idea how i arrived at my figures there. i dont use excel because i dont have a spreadsheet program but could get one. i also dont know how to do all these calculations in it and i didnt realize excel was good for this function. i do my own calculations for hand ranges very often but im interested in switching over to excel if it makes these exercises easier to do. i am also aware of how a small change in an estimation of a particular variable will change your equity significantly which is the problem with alot of these calculations.

posting hands under the old method is really just asking people to estimate hand ranges and likelihood of those hands and coming to a conclusion based on feel. using calculations allows us to to remove the human error when we add up our hand ranges and produce a conclusion based on feel, which is certainly great. however, doing equity calculations for every hand is very time consuming in comparison to the current method and the current method allows us to remove many more hands in a shorter span of time.

i think that if we want to revolutionize the forum by making everything calculation based that would be great. to start this people posting threads need to include the variables and the formula for solving the hand and then we could argue over the variables and the likelihood of those variables.

this leads to a much higher level of discussion. josh says he doesnt have hands to post because he does everything in his excel method but hes certainly going to be wrong alot of the time when he comes up with his hand ranges. josh, why dont you start posting hands that you calculated in excel and discuss these hand ranges with us to get the ball rolling. id like to see you post your hand ranges for this particular hand (based on likelihood) and the results of those hand ranges to determine the equity of calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the forum turned to this kind of discussion, it would be GoT's wet dream. And it goes without saying that it'd be a much better forum. This is personally what I crave and need for my game/thinking.

M
Old 11-15-2005, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yah id love to see your spreadsheet, feel free to pm it to me. im also going to be staying in the bellagio.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll host it on my website. TS could do the same if you are okay with it.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Did this end up getting hosted yet...or even written?
Old 11-15-2005, 02:42 PM

I'm really interested in this as well.