Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 02:09 AM

Default I must be doing something wrong here.

One more attempt before I give up limit poker.

Hand 1. Third hand of game, villain is unknown. He didn't cap preflop, and he didn't raise the flop, so can we put him on KK when he goes nuts on the turn?

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls.

River: (9.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero ?

Hand 2. Same villain. How do we put him on exactly a queen? He's still calling the turn, so who bets the river?

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (3.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (2.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (4.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero ?

Hand 3. Villain is 19/4.6 over 322 hands. What could he have that he'd limp UTG+1 and then 3-bet this flop? Anybody raise this turn? Anybody lay down a set of queens?

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (5 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero ?

Hand 4. Button is 56/2.3, SB is 43/13.3, BB is 25/9.8. At least some of them were supposed to fold to a preflop raise.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero ?
Old 12-14-2005, 02:13 AM

Default Re: I must be doing something wrong here.

Hand 1... Easy call. Nice hand.

Hand 2... I bet against an unknown.

Hand 3... 55 or 22. Raise the turn.

Hand 4... I don't see how you can fold to the flop cap. Call and catch something.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:15 AM

Hand 1: Call.

Hand 2: Bet.

Hand 3: Raise the turn one more time. Doesn't seem like the type to bet/3-bet HU OOP with a flush draw. Obviously call the river.

Hand 4: Well, obviously call here. Reevaluate on turn. Fold something horrible like the T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or other semi-scary cards if the action gets heavy.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:15 AM

Get the hell out of here cold, I was first.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:17 AM

hand 1 just call down after the turn raise
hand 2 value bet, fold to raise
hand 3 um raise the turn
hand 4 call and probably end up not seeing a showdown in this hand.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:22 AM

Wait the first hand action is screwy. I guess UTG+1 check/raised the turn. Closer now, I don't think I mind 3-betting since he can easily have K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]x [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] here.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:23 AM

Hand 1: Kx [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is definitely possible. You likely did well 3-betting him, but a spade draw just got there on the river.

Hand 2: Value bet.

Hand 3: Easy call getting 9:1.

Hand 4: Button and blinds look pretty loose preflop.
The board is draw-heavy and BB could easily be pumping a flush draw. Now we are all tied to the pot. What happened on the turn?
Old 12-14-2005, 02:29 AM

hand 1 -it looks like K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]x [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], but you never know, have to call

hand 2 - uh independent a read I say bet

hand 3 - Are you limiting villians hands to AKs, AJs, 55, and 22? Dependent on who he is, I pop that turn, we still have at least a redraw

hand 4 - definetly call, this could easily be BB just bloating the pot with a flush. I think there is a 30%-40% that you are ahead here (completely made up statistic).
Old 12-14-2005, 02:30 AM

*grunch*

Hand 1 - I'm guessing something like K9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], KK would be the least likely hand I'd put him on by the way it was played.

Hand 2 - in situations like this i refer back to SSHE, Miller says "bet marginal hands for value on the river against LOOSE opponents. What kinds of hands is villian limping with? is he willing to call to the river with Ax? depending on how loose and how pssive he is, he could be calling with a GSSD, whiffed flush draw, A high, A8, A2, K8. There are many hands the fish will call with.

Hand 3 - I'm raising that turn, his flop play seems pretty aggressive for a flush draw. I wouldn't expect to see someone with a 4.6 PFR get that aggro with a flush draw OOP on the flop. He might have KQ or a smaller set. On the turn you have 10 outs against a flush and most of the time you still have the best hand as well, I'm raising that turn.

Hand 4 - probably up against 2 pair or a set, also possible he is pumping a flush draw too, this is the perfect situation to do that with 2 players caught between you. You have to call the cap bet, WAY too much money in there to fold now. This is why I hate QJo.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:31 AM

Hand 1 - I just call the river. I don't see him on KK, but I'd expect to see K-lower kicker roughly 60% of the time, K-high 2 pair maybe 35% of the time and a set 5% of the time.

Hand 2 - I bet the river. He's done nothing to show he has a queen, so I keep firing until he pushes back.

Hand 3 - A non-flush card hits the turn and it's a definite raise. I have a hard time putting him on the flush, though, because it's very unusual to 3-bet a flush draw. Still, with the flush hitting, I don't think it's wrong to just call down. I call the river and expect to see either an AQ or a smaller set.

Hand 4 - My spidey-sense is going wild on this hand, and it's telling me that BB just flopped himself a set.