Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-05-2005, 05:03 AM

Default T9s vs. a pain in the ass

villain here is a LAGtard. he is like 32/22/3. The only hand we have played together thus far is below. I decided to get to SD here. thoughts?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has As 9c (one pair, nines).
Hero has Js Kc (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 10 BB. </font>

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (6.16 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Old 12-05-2005, 05:09 AM

Default Re: T9s vs. a pain in the ass

Is he that big of LAG tard that he's betting a worse pair or something like K9 the whole way? I think you've gotta fold the turn there.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:11 AM

POP that river on hand 1! You are not getting 3 bet.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:17 AM

In hand 1, was your flop raise for a free card, or were you going to follow on the turn UI if you got it HU and SB just called your raise? I like the raise, and I would take a free card.

I fold the turn in hand 2. He is may be overagg, but he's not a maniac.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In hand 1, was your flop raise for a free card, or were you going to follow on the turn UI if you got it HU and SB just called your raise? I like the raise, and I would take a free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

free card and to make button fold a better hand.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:02 AM

I keep looking at hand 1 and I'm thinking you missed a value raise somewhere. Either the turn or river.

Hand 2, don't pay off the maniacs. There's no shame in occasionally folding a pair against them. I'm not thrilled with calling down here. I'd want to raise somewhere but would hate paying off the inevitable 3-bet with any 2. Because of that, I wait until I actually have a stronger hand before going after him.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:07 AM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

[ QUOTE ]
villain here is a LAGtard. he is like 32/22/3.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think this is a LAGTARD, something is wrong. I don't think he necessarily played hand one bad, especially with a read v. you. I fold the turn in hand 2. Sometimes u'll be folding vs 99/ 88, but against his whole range, u can't possibly be getting enough to call down at ~6:2.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

free card and to make button fold a better hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he is lag, not likely.

I fold the turn in Hand 2, and raise the turn in in hand 1. He has to be really laggy to 3-bet a worse hand here.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:23 AM

My Thoughts without looking at all the other replies first.

On the first hand against a lagtard, I Think you can raise the river and call if 3 bet,I think you have to raise somewhere once you spike top pair.

Second hand. I think that if your sure that he would bet all the way with air fair enough, Maybe raise turn, I just hate calling all the way, but against some who is very laggy post flop I would.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:32 AM

Preflop aggression seems only slightly higher than optimal. Postflop is high.
Thoughts on Hand 2--

I don't think I raise in this game UTG with T9s -- its showdown value is pretty low, and I think you want more callers. Fold preflop.

And with third pair against a guy who raises all premium hands, I am likely to bail on that turn.