Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 09-25-2005, 05:59 PM

Default Greg Raymer & Poker Insight

I have just finished "The Only Poker Guide You'll ever Need" by Poker Insight and the title is overly optomistic. In spite of that, 2+2 should take a great deal of pride. They have spawned another great teacher. This cd includes questions by Warren Carp and responses by Tom Franklin, Ted Forrest, T J Cloutier, Men the Master, Barry Greenstein and Greg Raymer.
Without any doubt, the responses by Greg are very helpful and instructional. Many of the other experts may be very good at the table but they are very poor in front of the camera. Greg Raymer and Jim Brier both started here and are now too busy to keep posting. Our loss but, again, kudos to 2+2 for giving them the forum on which to hone their skills.
Old 09-25-2005, 06:14 PM

Default Re: Greg Raymer & Poker Insight

[ QUOTE ]
Greg Raymer and Jim Brier both started here and are now too busy to keep posting.

[/ QUOTE ]
Greg still posts here once in a while. When he's not busy doing other more worthwhile things.
Old 09-25-2005, 06:46 PM

do you work for poker insight? parts were good but it was a waste of time I thought, as the questions were vague and often led to raymer saying "it depends" a lot. It is kinda sad because that video could have been so much better. Barry has the best advice and made it just worth my money
Old 09-25-2005, 08:19 PM

No I don't work for them. As I stated, the title is misleading. I agree that the Barry and Ted segments were very good and thought that Greg and Tom were the best in the other segments. Was very dissappointed in both meMen and TJ. Not sure if the $50 price tag was worth it but, as with most teaching tools, there were things to learn. My post was a compliment on the 2+2 forem as a training ground for 2 great teachers.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:48 PM

greg raymer is better than moneymaker
Old 09-26-2005, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
greg raymer is better than moneymaker

[/ QUOTE ]

random?