Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-25-2005, 12:36 PM

Default AA hand with a donk on the turn and check on river

Posted from the CO here, first hand at the table.

With the 3-bet on the turn I was pretty sure I was behind, but then the river check was odd, I figured villian was afraid of the flush or AK here.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB
Old 12-25-2005, 12:58 PM

Default Re: AA hand with a donk on the turn and check on river

Sure looks like MP1 hit his 73o. Or J7o. One of those two. I like the check on the river, he's probably got you beat.
Old 12-25-2005, 02:18 PM

I would guess MP1 has hit a set. It would explain the limp-in in early position and his lead on 4th street. Like you said, the straight and flush have him concerned.
Old 12-25-2005, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the check on the river, you're not getting called by a worse hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp
Old 12-25-2005, 03:31 PM

Could be against JQ who's worried about a flush. While you might be against AQ/AJ/KQ who were letting you be the aggressor on the flop so they could check raise the turn, I think you are behind. What's your read on them? how aggressive are they? Unfortunately (or fortunately) once someone calls the BB at this level they rarely lay it down if they catch a piece of it so you might even be up against J7/Q7/37 suited.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:47 PM

I play it the same way. nh
Old 12-25-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that's true. I see lone Qs and even Js call on a river like this pretty often. The problem is, I don't think he has a worse hand almost ever. Maybe that's what you're already saying. Sorry, I just ate a huge turkey dinner so my brain may be a little frazzled [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-25-2005, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that's true. I see lone Qs and even Js call on a river like this pretty often. The problem is, I don't think he has a worse hand almost ever. Maybe that's what you're already saying. Sorry, I just ate a huge turkey dinner so my brain may be a little frazzled [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lone Qs and especially Js aren't 3-betting the turn, tho. And, yeah, part of the point is that you'll get raised by a better hand, and fold most worse hands.
Old 12-25-2005, 06:51 PM

Grunch

He has you beat.

I would guess two pair or a set, and he's not going to lay it down to the threat of a flush with this much in the pot.

It's a spot where betting will only lose you money.
Old 12-25-2005, 08:47 PM

i have seen such stupid turn-donking flopped FD idiotts these days that I punch myself on the river for not raising this bitch-asses. I think we could win this a lot. i still check the river.